"The Entablature" - Not quite a diorama...

I had long been struggling to come up with a unique way to accent my studio (where I keep my entire Star Wars collection on permanant display) with something Star Wars related that would not be overly repetitious. I wanted to do something with Star Wars figures but could not come up with anything that would not simply be a variation on simply displaying them all on their shelves. The thought of doing little diorama vinettes had crossed my mind, but it would appear to only duplicate the existing displays in smaller groupings.
    Friends of ours were recently discussing an episode of "Trading Spaces" in which shadow boxes using Barbie type dolls were created as decor accents. The dolls were spray painted in a uniform color to make them appear more like sculpture than dolls. This was the inspiration I was seeking!
    I have begun the preliminary project of amassing as many cheap ($1-3 each) Star Wars figures (vintage and contemporary) as I can possibly find for an accent shadow-box border that will go around the entire ceiling of the studio! each wall will have rougly 12 to 16 feet of shallow, shadow-box (shelf framed in cornice) that is painted in a flat color like grey. Permanantly attached to the entire lenght will be one each of as many Star Wars figures as I can find, also painted in the same flat color. This will lend the entire project a uniform look and give the impression of a sculpted entablature (as seen in ancient Greek architecture). Thanks to many recent bargain sales and lucky finds of less than ideal paint job vintage figures, I am well on my way to amassing ample figures to complete the first section (of four). I will update this post from time to time with pictures (as I will have a digital camera soon).
    Please feel free to post your thoughts, and if anyone has any cheap figures for sale, especially vintage ones which are in good shape but have lost their paint over the years, please feel free to drop me a line!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I would love to see what and how your progress is! Good luck!
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas