Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looong dead thread here and I'm a bit surprised.
    We had a nice little dicussion going at swc and I know Serenity has/had a semi-decent thread here.

Looking at my old posts, I can still agree with many of my comments about Serenity (seeing as I hadn't seen Firefly beforehand). That being said, I am a total convert to the Firefly universe.

Anyway, for those that want Firefly and haven't picked it up, Target has it on sale this week for an awesome $18!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Anyway, for those that want Firefly and haven't picked it up, Target has it on sale this week for an awesome $18!
    That in store only? The website has it for $35 and change. Or you using any codes?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I saw it with my own 2 eyes.
    It is also in the Target Online Ad.
    DOMINATE!

I'm glad I waited to get into the show after it was cancelled...it would have driven me nuts to watch Fox do what they did to it, I would have been way too salty since it really is a good show.

I still wish they wouldn't have messed with the tv/movie continuity of Simon figuring out in different ways/times what they were doing with River.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I'm glad I waited to get into the show after it was cancelled...it would have driven me nuts to watch Fox do what they did to it, I would have been way too salty since it really is a good show.
    Gotta agree there.
    Even though I knew there was a limit going in - I still was saddened when I finished the last episode. I wanted MORE!
    I'm glad I missed the out of order airings and agonies of trying to save the show.
    DOMINATE!

I remember posting in confusion when I got the DVDs and started watching out of order because they weren't numbered and I followed an online list of air dates.

Well, I was wrong about Sci-Fi Channel halting new original series production, but was right about just about everything else. I really think this series could have been great, had an amazing 7-year run and just felt so right, but instead Fox murdered it in its earliest stages, too early for the series to be rescued from the void the way Family Guy and now Futurama have been.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I enjoyed many of these shows that got shut down too early. They cancelled Firefly and moved Fastlane into its spot. John Doe lasted the season, but ended on a cliffhanger. The Vistitor was good. Nowhere Man lasted the season, but was sort of an uncertain ending. Dark Angel made it two seasons, and they were able to put an okay finish to it, so that didn't bother me as much. Lone Gunmen was cool and a bit more fun than the X-Files. My theory is that they killed them off in the X-Files so that they didn't have to answer any questions about bringing back their own series again.

It just makes me wonder what the criteria are for renewing or canceling. Some shows are always down in the ratings, but they last forever, like those sitcoms on UPN or WB, but I guess they don't cost as much to make. The thing with many of these sci-fi shows is that they often have the most loyal following. When you add to this a show that has some sort of ongoing story, it is quite frustrating when you invest time into a show only to have it cancelled with no resolution to the story.

The news is a few hours late, but Sci-fi played Firefly from 8am - 7pm today.
    And Serenity is getting a bunch of HBO play.

Watching both the show and movie today made me want even more from Firefly/Serenity.
    Whedon had better get off his butt and make the Firefly comic he announced what seems like a long time ago.
    I also wanted a full line of action figures (the couple they released with Serenity were so-so) and a video game.
    NOW!
    DOMINATE!

Yeah if I had to name just one cancellation of a show that should have been allowed to survive, it would be Firefly. I caught a bit of Serenity earlier today, and I have it recorded for when I get time to watch it (hopefully tomorrow night), and that reminded me all over again how much Fox can **** itself. I still snicker at the various lines in that movie just as I snicker at lines from the series when I catch episodes.

I was just thinking that it was near phenomenal how quickly that series was set up. I mean, you can get something like Voyager or Deep Space Nine and say those shows were up and running quickly, but those were continuations of a franchise. Firefly seemed to know where it was going right from the start (Fox certainly knew where it was going, the bastards). Can you point to the thirteen episodes and show me growing pains? I certainly can't.

It was this show that all but made me parental block Fox, and it was only the return of Family Guy that found me watching Fox again. Family Guy is now the only show I watch on Fox.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06