Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    So, has Lane killed a story yet? or is Luthor still holding that one over her head?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

She did. It had something to do with covering up President Luthor's treaty with Darkseid and Apokolips during the "Our Worlds At War" storyline - his deal with the devil, if you will.

GAAAH!!! I did it again...

While snagging the latest Batman issue, I also picked up a copy of Amazing Spider-Man 50. D'oh! I need to stop buying comics.

I also picked up the first three issues of Masters of the Universe because my daughter was bugging me about them. It's so-so. Not great.

By the way, is the bad guy in Hush...the Joker?!?! What was up with that chuckling at the end of the issue? And Harley Quinn showing up next issue. Should be interesting to see Lee's take on her...

I've been happy with this so far. The covers alone are worth the price of admission. Jeph Loeb is one of my favourite writers period, and on Batman his finger is right on the pulse. Fantastic.

I too am happy with the artistic treatment of Batman by Lee, he has obviously gone with the Miller version - the best version. Dark and nasty, yet streamlined. And (importantly) not so muscular that he'd have to weigh in at near 300lbs to be so tall (Bruce is 6'4 or 6'5 no?).

I don't read much DC, so subplots like Bruce being the owner or Lex the president just roll off me as unimportant. One thing I do notice about the books themselves though, is that the DC's rarely if ever come in ratty shape. My bloody pile of Marvels every month are lucky to get to me in VF shape let alone brand new NM. Stupid.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I'm with you on Marvel's destroyed books. It is impossible to get one better than VG.

In related news, Batman and Superman gets help from... Super-Dog in #612 . Very funny. Ha-ha. I don't know how I can continue to take this storyline seriously anymore.
    Last edited by Jerjerrod; 03-03-2003 at 01:44 AM.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

Yeah, I groaned at the Super Dog too.

Something I liked though. After Catwoman decks Ivy and Supes asks if that was neccessary. BatMan and Catwoman look at each other before answering. But what I noticed and I think is cool, is the way Batman's (and to an extent Catwomans) cowl bunches up on his neck and shoulders. It's a cool little texturization Lee throws in to show that the costumes are made of something other than spandex. It's probably throughout the series, but I noticed it in that panel. Like I said, cool.

This is sort of the non-Star Wars comic thread.

I picked up the final issue of MOTU. About as exciting as the other three. But there's an unlimited series coming later in the year. Hooray. What I didn't like about the series is there was no beginning. I would like to see how Adam got the sword, etc. thay just assume everybody knows the story (or watches the cartoon). Let's have an origin series.

Since I'm slowly creeping back into comics, I was thinking of picking up the Incredible Hulk starting with issue 50. I really like Deodato's artwork ( I've been a fan since his stint of Wonder Woman waaay back when) so I flipped thru it and couldn't see the title character in one single panel... so I didn't get it. Then today, I see 51 on the rack and flip thru that. No title character until the last panel on the last page! Now, I don't know about you, but 1 panel in 2 whole books, is a horrendously crappy ratio. So I'm thinking...pass.

I also wasn't impressed with Frontline #5, so I dropped that from my list.

Actually, I thought this was the non-Star Wars Jim Lee/Jeph Loeb Batman thread.

Regardless, if you're looking to get back into comics and want some that are really going to be worth your while (He-Man was neat, but not exactly a great comic - same for G.I.Joe) you should really try to check out books like JSA, JLA, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Flash, Hawkman, Fables, The Ultimates, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, and Powers.

Picked up Batman #613. The ending was a shocker....until I realized there's no smoking gun. That and Tommy is holding his little jade ring. He's totally the mastermind behind this little caper. But I don't know if that's the real Joker or an impostor or what.

Thoughts?

I picked this up last night and read it. I was shocked too, but now I'll have to check out those details.

The proprietor of the comic shop I go to has another theory as to the mastermind, but wouldn't divulge his thoughts until I read this issue. So I'll find out next week.

BTW, if this is indeed the non-SW comic thread, I'm wondering about the extent of damage inflicted upon Snake Eyes' face by Storm Shadow. His wound has healed in the new issue, but he wears sunglasses with his civilian clothes. Just a throwback, an attempt to be mysterious. . . or did he indeed lose an eye?

Oh, and Cover Girl. Wowza! Didn't expect her back, and it's nice to see the artist made a definite effort to keep her from looking like Scarlett or Lady Jaye. However, other than Bazooka, have any of the Joes aged a bit? Cover Girl could still be a supermodel, but she's got to be at least 45 (assuming she joined the Joe team at 25, which would be about the youngest I'd suspect one could possibly be before becoming a Joe).
    Tommy, close your eyes.