Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Looking back at Roojay's theory, it's possible that the Scarecrow is behind it. He's pretty good at reviving past mental traumas. So maybe Bruce will be at war with himself at the end courtesy of Prof. Crane...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I can't wait to find out.....Batman 615 hit stands today! Im off to read it right now!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Well, it actually was Two Face. Color me mildly unsurprised. Let down even. I'm kinda sorta waiting for the other shoe to drop, and there WILL be a nefarious mastermind behind it all. I guess you guys just got me all bult up with tension over this whole Jason Todd thing. I was more impressed with Bruce coming clean with Selina. It's like this continuity is catching up with Earth2...

Lessee, Riddler showed up and Ra's al Ghul gets his hiney whupped next issue ( oh c'mon, the blurb said one won't walk away next issue. Do you really think Bats goes down and they rename the book R'as al Ghul?) Like I said in post #3, Loeb is writing everybody in this arc. So where's the Penguin? or The Scarecrow??

Nice two page spread of all the Batmobiles.

Did anyone notice on the bridge as the Batmobile drives into the city? Aparo Expressway. (and in the panel above it. Who honks at the Batmobile? Honestly...)

Dang. I read this before getting the comic. What a sucky let-down.

EP, check out the maps from the No Man's Land story arc (which appeared every few issues, when there were major territory shifts). Nearly every Batman writer and artist has a nod on there. Whenever I get in the garage to sort my comics, I'll try to post some of the better ones.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I liked this issue. I can't wait to see what they do with a "repaired" Harvey Dent. The art on this was jaw dropping. Every page had me just freaking out. I will be going back to read this whole thing again, all in one sitting, as soon as it's over. I just wish I'd been reading Batman all along just so I could be in on more of the side discussion, references in art and dialogue, history of the book for hidden and double meanings, etc. When it's good, Batman is about as good as comics get.

Hey yeah...thanks for spoilin' us EP! Now I don't have to worry about enjoyin' the mystery before I've read the darn thing!

You guys actually though it was going to be Jason Todd?!

No offense.

Originally posted by jjreason
    The art on this was jaw dropping. Every page had me just freaking out. I will be going back to read this whole thing again, all in one sitting, as soon as it's over. I just wish I'd been reading Batman all along just so I could be in on more of the side discussion, references in art and dialogue, history of the book for hidden and double meanings, etc. When it's good, Batman is about as good as comics get.
    Heh. On my first read through, I was thinking how "unfinished" and scratchy the art looked, but when I went through again, I was actually astounded by it.

Which dialogue are you referring to? Maybe we can clue you in?

My thoughts on the new Batman: not nearly as bad as I'd feared after reading the previous posts. This isn't Two-Face, it's Harvey Dent. Or at least he thinks that's the case now. We all know how that's gone in the past. What exactly this means, I don't know, nor am I sure what he meant about finishing the job he started as DA. Interesting development. He could be the mastermind, and it's looking more like he is. But even Harvey couldn't manipulate R'as. Perhaps R'as is the mastermind?

Or perhaps Jason Todd finally defeated his old foe Two-Face by bringing Harvey to the front and is using him? A dip in the Lazarus Pit would've restored him, driven him bonkers, and left R'as al Ghul as the obvious suspect when Bats finds ashes. . . .

And so Batman becomes known to another character. With DC's constantly revising backstory, did the current incarnation of Selena start out as a prostitute, as we saw in Year I and Shaman?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey, whatever happened to the Shadow of the Bat comic? Norm Breyfogle's Mr. Zsasz RULED.

I'm not sure if Selina got revised again somewhere around Zero Hour, but I thought it was the same character.

How many issues do we have left?