Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I was under the impression it was a year long thing. So we have 4 issues left....I think.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I can't really think of anything that stumped me, EP. I meant more like when I read X-Men and they refer to things that happened many moons ago, Im like "Hey! I remember that!", but with Batman I just take it in stride like "Oh. Cool. I didn't read that".

Not having read the stuff doesn't take anything away from the read, it's more like if you've been reading for a long time you get more out of the current stuff. Does that make any sense?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The latest issue of Wizard magazine (the summer preview issue) has several articles about Loeb and Lee's Batman where each of the creators discuss upcoming story elements; the story is apparently far from over. I will post the article directly when I get a chance (don't have my copy of Wizard on hand currently), but according to both Mr. Loeb and Mr. Lee nothing is what it seems and plenty of twists and turns are left. You may note that even though Joker seems to recognize 'Hush' as Harvey Dent, we are never given a direct look at his face. I for one am not convinced.
    I also still find it impossible to grasp that Loeb would stoop to bringing back Jason Todd, or that Lee would ever draw that particular character with the same form and build as he's been drawing this guy; both creators are far better at what they do than that. It just ain't happenin'.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    And so Batman becomes known to another character. With DC's constantly revising backstory, did the current incarnation of Selena start out as a prostitute, as we saw in Year I and Shaman?
    The current Catwoman is still the same Catwoman who...umm..."prowled" the streets in Year One. Occasional references are still made to her "colorful" past from time to time.

To answer a couple of other questions:

- Loeb and Lee's current run extends to issue number 620.

- They will be followed up by a six issue run by 100 Bullets creators, Brian Azarello and Eduardo Risso (which I fully expect will actually be better and more memorable than Loeb and Lee's run).

- Loeb and Lee will return for another six issue run on Batman following Azarello and Risso's storyarc.

What if Todd found some Venom serum (the same stuff Bane gets pumped into his skull)? It's conceivable that it might bulk him up enough. However, Todd being in a room alone with the Joker and NOT bludgeoning him to a bloody pulp after J. killed his mom and blew HIM up? I don't think so. Well, we'll see.

By the way, is anybody reading Detective? I don't know if I'd get into reading all the Bat family titles again (and they've swelled over the years), but Bat and Tec always seemed to compliment each other in the olden days. I was thinking about working my way backwards with Batman (like I'm doing with X-Men).

I've often thought about trying to build a run from around issue 400, but there's always too much Marvel I still need to finish off. As soon as I get done my Avengers, Amazing SM, Thor, FF......... I guess that'll put me working on Batman around the time my kids are my age. Somthing to look forward to.

I'd have to work backwards from 608 to 525. That would include all the Cataclysm! and No Man's Land stories.

I bought the first few issues of No Man's Land, then asked my subscription service to set them aside for me, which he failed to do. 6 months later, I'd missed the whole thing and couldn't find half of those issues. Oh well, saved me money I guess but that story was shaping up to be pretty interesting.

No Man's Land got me back into Batman for a while. As ridiculous as the concept was, it played out really well. All those issues are collected in paperbacks, which would be worth picking up if you just want to read 'em.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Might possible do that, EC. I've always been a stickler for tracking down 1st prints of the original books, but sometimes it's just not worth it - and sometimes they're nicer in collected form. I've been finishing off my Sin City collection with the hardcover collections, I still need 2 more. The stories read very nicely in this format.