Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    "Daar, Jim Lee just broke my Batmobile..." "Broke it? Or made it better?"
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

I double dog dare you NOT to buy 619 El Chux.......

There's a twist left here folks, I can smell 'em a mile away. There will be a great conclusion to this Im sure, and I've read a few good arguments that would bear that out. I hope it's straight out of left field, myself, but we'll have to wait and see.........
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    'sup dirty monkeys? The Fortnight Avenger sweeps through the forums for a little respite...

jj thinks there's a twist coming, and he's right. Oh, it's not in 619, as I'm sure you've all read and been dissappointed by. It's in the follow up next year. I can't give it away, but I can put some dots out there for you to connect. Who is HUSH, really? Well...

1. Jason Todd's body is still 'missing'

2. You never actually saw Hush's face under the bandages.

3. The reasoning behind Tommy Elliot's revenge plot is beyond weak.

4. Batman was looking at an autopsy report. It made no mention of Elliot's body being made of clay ( both the coroner and Batman probably would've noticed)

5. Jason Todd's body is still 'missing'.

6. You never actually saw Hush's face under the bandages.

7. The Lazurus pit was useless because a DEAD body was put in it. The Riddler used it while still being alive, thus unaffecting it.

8. Edward Nygma never explained how and why he made the Bruce Wayne/Batman connection. Bruce tends to cover his tracks pretty well in that dept. So it must be somebody who already knew...

9. Everyone thought it was kickass that Jason Todd turned out to be HUSH for one issue, then a resounding sigh across the world when it turned out to be Clayface. DC heard that sigh.

10. YOU NEVER SAW HUSH'S FACE. AND JASON'S BODY IS STILL MISSING.

Well, I can't tell you who HUSH really is, but maybe you can figure it out...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Wow. I'd been too busy being disappointed to really think the conclusion through, and you bring up some excellent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Padawan
    1. Jason Todd's body is still 'missing'
    "Where is Jason's body?"
    "That's the riddle, isn't it?"

Sounds like Riddler knows something, and not just where the body is.

2. You never actually saw Hush's face under the bandages.
    I did pick up on that one immediately. "I'm Tommy Elliott. . . but I ain't gonna show you!" Doesn't sound quite on the up-and-up. It's almost tradition to unmask the baddie, and there's a reason we were cheated.

3. The reasoning behind Tommy Elliot's revenge plot is beyond weak.
    What, you mean, "Your father saved my Mom when I tried to kill her, so I couldn't just try again?" Yep, weak, weak, weak.

4. Batman was looking at an autopsy report. It made no mention of Elliot's body being made of clay ( both the coroner and Batman probably would've noticed)
    Plus, would Clayface (still presumably being dead, since this has yet to be addressed) be able to compress his body parts so small that he could get out of a coffin?

7. The Lazurus pit was useless because a DEAD body was put in it. The Riddler used it while still being alive, thus unaffecting it.
    It's been awhile, so I'm not 100% sure, but hasn't R'as used them before when on the verge of death? Or the Riddler could've had his cronies drop his body in a Pit just after death. Okay, doesn't hold up.

Maybe Clayface was dropped in a Lazarus Pit?

8. Edward Nygma never explained how and why he made the Bruce Wayne/Batman connection. Bruce tends to cover his tracks pretty well in that dept. So it must be somebody who already knew...
    Bane figured it out by observing Batman quietly for a while, then realized the dealio upon seeing Bruce Wayne for the first time. But he's something of an anomaly intellect-wise among Batman's foes.

Hugo Strange and the Gentleman Ghost (if he even still exists post-Crisis) found out, but not in any method that the Riddler would have access to.

Riddler is among the smartest of Batman's foes, and doubtlessly has been pondering Batman's identity (which to him would be the ultimate riddle) for years. If he wasn't able to figure it out before, how could a Lazarus Pit make it click instantly. . . ?

Unless. . . what were his exact words? I believe they were: "A Lazarus Pit provides a certain clarity, shall we say?"

He didn't answer the question directly!! For one thing, he didn't say it was him who got this "clarity."

And from what we know of Lazarus Pits, they don't provide clarity, they provide insanity! But to an already unbalanced youngster who'd been recently killed by his mentor's greatest foe, the insanity that sends him over the edge could be seen as clarity, in that he'd think he was right in blaming his mentor for his own death!

And if this happened to Jason and he enlisted Riddler and let him in on Bruce's secret, then what Riddler says is true, from a certain point of view! He learned Batman's identity as a result of Lazarus Pit "clarity." A riddle! That's just like ol' Edward.

Plus, a slightly more minor point: Clayface isn't quite creative enough to come up with such a radical update on the Robin costume, and why the Rogue-like skunk stripe? Unless he's imitating someone he's seen!!

I'm back to "Jason Todd is Hush." :happy:
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There is one question I have that is slightly out of the Hush storyline.

When a Lazurus pit is used on someone wounded but not dead, can the pit be used again? I think I remember reading somewhere that if a fully dead body was put in the pit, the pit basically became useless.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Dr. Z, I know very little (read "nothing" here) about Lazarus Pits, or much of the rest of the DC Universe. I can't answer. But since I was next to post I figured I'd better touch on your point......

I thought the story wrapped not badly. I finally really read the last issue today, and though they leave a lot in the open, much was dealt with. There is obviously more to come, and leaving Jason's body outstanding was a wise move. So many different things they can do here. I was surprised to see ol' Batty leave Edward without getting the truth out of him the old fashioned way, since he started down that road and all. Azzarello better have something nasty up his sleeve, or there's going to be a feeling of letdown after this masterpiece.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    There is one question I have that is slightly out of the Hush storyline.

When a Lazurus pit is used on someone wounded but not dead, can the pit be used again? I think I remember reading somewhere that if a fully dead body was put in the pit, the pit basically became useless.

That is how I've always interpreted it. Resucsitating a fully dead body uses all the energies or somehow makes them unpure, so it renders the pit useless. But R'as can dip in any pit over and over and it keeps him fit and trim, as long as he isn't dead.

Another thing that bothered me was Riddler said Joker was in because he couldn't resist "the Jason Todd gag". If the Joker knew to refer to Jason Todd as such and not "the dead Boy Wonder gag" presumably he could figure out the connection between Jason Todd and Bruce Wayne. So does that mean Joker knows who Bruce is and is just too nuts to do anything about it, or what? Did I miss some essential reading in the past ten years?

Or MAYBE Edward Nygma is FULL of it about EVERYTHING. We find out in six months...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."