View Poll Results: What were your thoughts of AOTC Teaser Trailer?

Voters
784. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was awesome!

515 65.69%
  • It was ok.

197 25.13%
  • It sucked.

27 3.44%
  • Haven't seen it yet.

45 5.74%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: SW or LOTR?

Originally posted by Sir Tristram
    Well....

I enjoyed it....BUt there is still something missing....
    Having been a die-hard, overly dedicated fan of 24 years....
    I find the new footage lacking in one respect....the magic....
    Just as Ep. I lacked....there is somehing of the escapism lost.
    This looks more like a SW rip off than its prequels....
    You are probably feeling let down due to the age you were when SW first came out in 77. I was 6 or 7 and for me it was a magical experience you can really only appreciate by not being an adult. Now that most of us who first watched the OG trilogy are adults, it doesn't hold the same amount of fantasy or wonder. There's no way you can put the genie back into the bottle.

Just try to enjoy it for what it's worth.

Personally, I liked the trailer but was diappointed that the images were so fleeting and somewhat cryptic (I'm not much of a spoiler chaser). It truly was a teaser trailer.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs up Looks Great!

It looks like it is going to be awesome, but then again so did Episode 1. The question is whether or not there will be enough characterization in the film.
    I believe that speak for everyone here when I say HUH?.

i thought the trailer was fabulous!

*******EPISODE II SPOILER IF YOU DON"T WANT TO SEE THE TRAILER**********************

just enough was shown to make you wanna see it sooooooo bad!

the vader breathing over the images was daunting and riviting! and the added sound to the breathing during the space fighting sequence was soo cool!

the trailer felt like vader was looking back over the pivotal events of his life in reflection!

i loved it!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

The teaser was great. I have the large version and it's very spoilerific.
    I can't wait to se the movie.

Thumbs up

Like E1, you are not going to get away from spoilers such as trailers, promo merchandise, etc.

I liked it though.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: i thought the trailer was fabulous!

Originally posted by good shot jansen
    *******EPISODE II SPOILER IF YOU DON"T WANT TO SEE THE TRAILER**********************

just enough was shown to make you wanna see it sooooooo bad!

the vader breathing over the images was daunting and riviting! and the added sound to the breathing during the space fighting sequence was soo cool!

the trailer felt like vader was looking back over the pivotal events of his life in reflection!

i loved it!
    I kind of envisioned the trailer as what would be going through Vader's head while in his meditation chamber on the Executor. The omnipresent breathing drowning out all other sounds.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I've only seen parts of it (stupid news channels) but wow!!!!!!!!!! I like the Jango part cant wait..
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The Title

Okay...let's see now. Star Wars [episode 4] is titled simply as Star Wars or A New Hope. Then there was Return of the Jedi, and Return of the Jedi. Now...why is Star Wars episode 1 and 2 known as "episode 1 and 2" in stead of Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones? What gives? To prove what I mean...what the orginal triology...you'll see that the movies are entroduced by the actual title instead of just "episode #". Then if you watch the teasor for Episode 2, the title Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Rodian, have you seen the Ep 1 DVD ads? The main part of the title is a huge
    I

I think this means Lucas wants to separate the classic trilogy from the prequels, and wants audiences to know that this is "Star Wars One" because he knows the film itself doesn't tie in with the "Star Wars" franchise as easily.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I loved seeing new material, but I haven't felt the dire urge to watch it 8000 times like I did when the trailer came in November of 98. I think the lack of music is a big reason why. Also, for a minute trailer, we only see shots for 15-20 seconds, and the rest of it is black screen.

I have great expectations for the full trailer attached to Hairy Fodder.

My favorite clip was of ObiWan in the electronic shackles. That didn't look like it was from the

[font=arial]SPOILER!!!![/font]

Reek scene in a huge stadium. I wonder where it was taking place?

Yes, I can't wait for May 2002. Do we know the official release date yet? I have heard both 17 and 22. Which is it???