Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question MOTU how hard to find?

I know that Mer-Man & Ram Man were shortpacked & I'm still looking for Mekanek, but today I found Teela, Orko, Trap Jaw, & Tri-Klops and I was just wondering if any of these new ones are short packed. I only picked up Teela & Orko, cause for some reason this particular TRU didn't have their figures marked at $7.99 (they were the old price of $8.99) and I'm cheap. I'm wondering should I go back tomorrow and pick up Trap Jaw & Tri-Klops or will they be fairly easy to find?
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Everything but He-Man and Skeletor is shortpacked, so you would have been wise to pick them up when you saw them. The case breakdowns are 6 figures per case. 4 Skeletor/1 Trap Jaw/1 Tri-Klops and 4 He-Man/1 Teela/1 Orko. Frankly, Mattel is making a huge mistake with their packout ratio, and it's going to make collectors and kids stop collecting the line, because they can't find the new figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

You said it JarJar. My TRU has 3 different versions of Heman and Skeletor. And they are all warming the pegs. Mattel is sort of new to the action figure era and is making a mistake with the shortpacking. THis has been the death of many toy lines.

JarJar, did you send off for the ToyFare Faker figure?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

For Mer Man, check K-Mart. They're getting new exclusive versions of the original wave with trading cards. Pretty useless, but if you need old Finhead. . . .

Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops are tough to find, but worth the effort. The two best of the line (and Trap-Jaw is, IMHO, the best action figure of any line, ever). Orko and Teela are a tad rarer, but I suspect it's mainly because their case is a bit newer.

Mekaneck is the Holy Grail of the line. I've been checking 2 Wal-Marts and a Target daily (plus any other stores when I'm able, up to 10 a day). This morning I saw the second Mekaneck I've ever seen. He comes in a case with Jungle Boogie He-Man and Ram Man, which is shipping less frequently than the others, I think.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well this morning I went to my local Target and as I was walking to the toy aisle I saw this guy walking away with a Tri-Klops & Trap Jaw, but there were no more on the shelf. Oh well, I found them once I'll most likely find them again, I've found everyone but Mekaneck. I saw those versions with the trading cards and I think Mattel's gone a little too far. First they short pack pretty much everyone but He-Man & Skeletor, then they release the first 6 at Wal-Mart with a video, then they make chase figures, now they're rereleasing them with cards! To me they're slightly out of control.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

I found Teela and Orko yesterday. Last week my friend at Wal Mart put aside a Trap Jaw and Tri Klops. I think it really stinks how they pack them int he case assortment. It seems ignorant to me.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I found Trap Jaw & Tri-Klops today at a TRU they had about 3 or 4 of each. So I picked them up.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Hey JJ where did you get the info on the case assortments? I was wondering because it seems like more folks are finding the the TK and TJ. I've been seeing more then one Teela and Orko while we have been out toy hunting. Ya' think they have been slipping a few each ones in the cases??
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

So far I have seen all of 'em (except Orko and Teela) in retail stores, even Mekaneck (sp?).

However, I don't collect the MOTU stuff. I almost bought the He-Man/Skeletor 2-pack from Target, but I passed.

I also passed on a Dr. Doom with human face, which I guess is sorta rare.

Some have Mask off with HUMAN face:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3101300416

Mask off with ROBOT face:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3101301235

and there is even a gold variant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3100329237

WHY can't I have this kinda luck with Star Wars?
    Last edited by sith_killer_99; 12-19-2002 at 01:10 PM.
    May the force be with you.

As I understand it, all Dooms are packed with the mask off. I don't know why since, to my knowledge, he never revealed his face and it's supposed to be horribly scarred.

BTW, my bet is that next week (after Christmas) those shelfwarming Target 2-packs will be marked down pretty drastically.
    Tommy, close your eyes.