Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Hasbro's contest winner.

hasbro's action figure contest has a winner listen to what this kid got for a grand prize! 10,000 an action of him self,And a complet set of 2003 action figures! Dang he's luckly.

thoughts?
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

Oh well. The figure is probably shoddy, sure it should be the level of a prototype which is usually quite high but since they won't be making money off of it, then it'll probably be pretty low quality. Maybe just a head on an already made body.

The rest is pretty eh. If you meant 10,000 dollars than he'll probably blow it right away and the 2003 set of figures, well if that included deluxe and such that would be sweet. It's kinda cool but the whole contest seemed craptacular from the beginning.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What do the individual state winners get, anything?

Anyone can tell me what the contest was based on?
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

It's a $10,000 savings BOND. There's a difference between that and ten thousand bucks.

The bond will probably mature until he's college-aged, and then he can pay for his education, buy a car (almost), or make a down-payment on a very small condo.

Hasbro probably spent less than $5,000 to get the bond. If he cashes it now, that's all he'll get for its $10,000 future worth - maybe a few thousand dollars in its present worth.

Does everyone understand what a savings bond is now?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I know what a savings bond is. I thought the kid would just be taken to a secret location and an unmarked car would pull up, some masked guys would get out, give the kid a suitcase filled with 10,000 in small unmarked bills then hightail it out of there.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Hasbro's contest winner.

Originally posted by mylow thehutt
    hasbro's action figure contest has a winner listen to what this kid got for a grand prize! 10,000 an action of him self,And a complet set of 2003 action figures! Dang he's luckly.

thoughts?
    Yeah, but he'll be stuck in some ridiculous pose and won't fit in his vehicle.

But, he'll be rereleased about 6 months later with a resculpted version, 20 points of articulation, and a kung-fu grip.

that kid is darn lucky, although i can only see jealousy being the reason everyone is hating on his action figure.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I thought Hasbro's contest was kaka! There is no way I (or most of us for that matter) would have been able to photograph my collection.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett