Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, quite a day. I have to say a big thank you to John for perfect gunship parcel which finally arrived this morning after we spoke and John chased it up with the couriers. The courier firm actually brought in from manchester extra staff to deliver to my area in Merseyside. But let's just say that after speaking with john at 10 this morning my gunship arrived at 12.30 on the nose. It's an amazing piece of toy I must say. But thank you John & team. Hope you have a good christmas break after all the work we've put you to.

Conversely, I recieved a shipment from the States today also. Stuff i've not seen anywhere in the UK that was too good a price to resist....... so i thought. First of all the shipment has been split because parts of the order were in a seperate warehouse or some such blather. That means two lots of shipping and handling charges. Then to add injury to insult, i got slapped for £20 exise duties at the door before the postman would hand over the parcel. Apparently that's a hit and miss thing as to whether you get charged or not but just my luck to get a bum order and a bum deal from customs. In future I'm sticking with R2DTOYS. I know where I am with them. No flannel just a good buying experience and excellent service and fantastic quality goods. Sound like a commercial don't I? Not so really just a happy customer. The other place I've had two bad experiences with so far so they can go boil their heads as far as I'm concerned. Yay for R2DTOYS!!

Thereís this new little shop that opened in Newcastle just recently, and it sells mostly Star Wars, itís a little specialty shop, which at first I thought would be great, we donít get much like that up here aside from FP, anyway in I went, and hey the guys got some good stuff in, Tie Bombers, Interceptors, and B-wings, a good supply of figures and some nice 12-onch stuff, we got to talking and he said he would be getting the shuttle in Jan. I thought oh great, that will save me on shipping, Iíll just get it here, so I asked him what his price would beÖ £150.00Ö. I looked at him and realized he wasnít taking the ****Ö then I started to look at the prices on his other stock.. Ep I common figures (you know the stuff from the pound shops..) £6.00 a shot.. Saga figures for 6 and 7 pounds each, which I can just about live with until I had a closer look..

Guess whatÖ. itís the import stuff, if you havenít seen it already itís in 3 or 4 different languages, none of which are English. (basically the tri-logo stuff without English) they also have a sticker on the front of the bubble, and in the top right corner where the warning normally is they have a white box with black bold text reading 4+. Iíll try and get a scan soon. Anyway thereís nothing wrong with this stock at all, except itís starting to show up in a lot of places for £2.99 meaning the wholesale price is closer to £1.50 a fig.. in fact they had the same assortment in a shop over the road for £2.99Ö but because this guy has the words Star Wars on his shop front he thinks he can try and take my balls off when I enterÖ

This guy will be out of business soon into the New Year I hope. Anyway r2dtoys seems to have the best rep I have seen and the best prices, instead of being screwed for 150 notes, I think Iíll pay £60ishÖ I want that shuttle, I guess Iíll get it from r2.
    Itís better to stay silent and appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubtÖ

Just been to R2DToys to collect a couple of eBay wins, and John was admiring the boxed preview-release Shuttle that he's bought as a treat for himself. This box is so BIG it could be used as a seat - it's about 2 feet in each direction!!!
    I'm REALLY looking forward to when this thing ships now!!
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Mmmm... shuttle..... Isn't it shipping out this week from HAsblah? Anyone know when all our various suppliers will get them to us ??
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

End o'the month for R2DToys, hopefully....
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

But that's years away... *whine whine whine* I want my shuttle NOW!!!! Actually I'm cutting back this year, not buying half so many multiples and army builders. Fewer exclusives etc. I decided that a. i have no more room, b. it's too expensive for what little product you get and c. Lego is much more fun. So sorry John, although i'll still try to support you and buy from you throughout the year, Lego will be getting a large chunk of my disposable income this year. Jonny Thunder and the Orient adventure look so cool. Stuff the star wars Lego that's far too expensive and you can't use the bits for other things. Lego sparks your imagination in ways Hasbro can only screw up with gimmicks and accessory dropping actions. Had enough of the Hasbro way. I want to be able to play with these toys properly. Lego is more rewarding.

I'll be buying one of everything...again....cos I'm a sucker. Apart from R2's. I'm not buying any more R2s.

Well, I'm flat broke already, so I'm praying that the guy I'm getting my shuttle from doesn't get it till Payday!!!!

I really want some of the stuff coming out but am desperately holding on for this influx of cheaper figures to arrive to get some armies in.

Anymore ideas when TRU are kicking off?
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

I checked the Liverpool TRU and they had completely removed their star wars stuff apart from the useless tat that kids buy. Guns and so forth, no figures at all. Chester had a plentiful supply in considering it's just after Christmas. Ephant and palpatine and some nice stuff but since I already bought everything i had no need to rummage through the pegs and couldn't say what else was hidden. They had the usual section of aisle and an end cap display still up loaded with figures. Haven't bothered with Warrington for a long time so can't comment on their store there. I'd say by the looks of Chester that some of this stuff is filtering through already. Is poundland and those cheapo stores getting stuff in? I heard tell of big bargains in those nasty cheapo stores. Perhaps the info was muddled unless it's just the dregs of the first waves clearanced out.

B'ham Toys'r'Us have just put their Christmas stock out so they're pretty full right now. About 8 gunships and mounds of various figures, so many they have flowed off the shelves into bins. You would have thought they might have put all this stuff out previous to Christmas but noooo. That would require some inteligence. Still I suppose once they realise no one will buy it, they'll have to reduce it all and then I can scoop it up.
    I still only have about 10 Saga figures so I'm poised to reap the benefits of sale prices.