Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

what to do re shuttle

I must have one, no question about that. R2Dtoys have reduced their pre-order price to between 60 and 75 pounds, to be confirmed exactly later, with their fixed price no pre-order at 79.
    So should I pre-order?

Although you pre-order the money goes out of your account on shipping day. With the Gunship they only took what the final price was, not the original pre-order price (about £4 more). So even if you pre-order it at £79 you'll only pay whatever it settles to.

That's how I think it works. John, are you about? Can you confimr for me please?
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Originally posted by gibbspaulus
    Although you pre-order the money goes out of your account on shipping day. With the Gunship they only took what the final price was, not the original pre-order price (about £4 more). So even if you pre-order it at £79 you'll only pay whatever it settles to.

That's how I think it works. John, are you about? Can you confimr for me please?
    Gibbspaulus :

That extra £4 that was taken out !! wasn't that for the postage costs ??
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

I could have sworn I left a post in here somewhere. What I said was if you pre-order rather than wait for it to hit as an in stock item before you order, then you benefit from John's low pricing more. If you wait you'll end up paying more.
    Sort of like Jesus bestowing gifts on the faithful and repenters really... okay not like that at all really. Ignore the last part and pay attention to the first bit which makes sense. 'Buy' now pay less.

And although the postage was about £4 the actual pre-postage price was dropped by £4. I know the amounts are scarily similar but there was a saving there.... I'm convinced.

PS: £60 for the Arena from The Entertainer / Toyshop.com - are they having a larf?
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

That's what I just said to the other half. £60 for a big brown lump of poo. Not on your Nelly mate! And why has the Entertainer got this before TRU? Xmas is looming and it's exactly the sort of thing that's perfect to get for the kiddies and the only place you can find them is at the Entertainer at a scandalous price.

I think it's overpriced at John's current price, for what it is. Chocoshell playset. Not a lot of play in it is there? "It's got doors! it's got a balcony! it's got... it's got... a thing with arm things on it and stuff...!!! it's got...... masses of pooey brown plastic and looks like a melted down Barbie dreamhouse..... and stuff.......!!!!!!"

I bet these things are still there next Christmas.

I agree with both your posts. Will pre-order awsome looking shuttle.
    Arena looks crappy. Will buy one when stores realise no one wants it and sell for 1/2 price.

Speaking of R2DTOYS. Is this me just being paranoid or is there a postal snarl up going on i should know about apart from the xmas thing slowing deliveries down. The gunship was shipping out last week so just from London to here it should have been here in a maximum of four days. And that's when it's slow. I'm just gonna be so ticked off if i don't get one before xmas and have no new toys to play with. I'm gonna be even more ticked off if john sold them all and I got forgotten. Oh don't mind me, I know I'm being melodramatic but the gunship is one of the few items this year I was really looking forward to having and I don't want it to be shadowed by the shuttle in January if it doesn't come 'til then. I wanted time to enjoy it on its own.
    So have you got yours then? And is just Merseyside that's getting really lousy treatment from the postal services? We've had no mail here for days, ordinary mail that is. Not one xmas card from people we know have sent them. Damn annoying. this country is going to the dogs. They should just dissolve the royal mail service and put it out to the private sector completely. Be more competitive. Why the hell should we be paying more for postage when it's royal mail's bad management that got them into debt? Our mail comes from London say, it travels to manchester, then to Warrington and then to Chester, then it goes to our local sorting office out in the middle of nowhere, then the postman decides whether he can be arsed to deliver that day or whether he'll stash the mail for later. Then we get some dog eared rags that used to be letters and postcards and parcels. I caught my postman trying to shove a parcel through the letterbox. Total wanker.

Sorry, bad day at the office..... And to cap it all there's all these deals around that are perfect for army building and guess who has no money because he's had to buy the relatives all these bloody expensive xmas gifts they all want. Bloody christmas gets in the frickinfrackin way of everything BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jargo; 12-19-2002 at 03:49 PM.

Don't forget R2Dtoys have offshore warehouseing etc now so it may take longer than ordinary.
    We have had mail of other kinds though.
    I'll be getting my gunship from TrUs after Xmas probably.
    Me and my better half are going for a massive January spend, we've been skint the last three months as we've been doing the kitchen.
    I'm currently torn between new shelving/more toys and a PS2.

Arena Playset & Gunships

Hi guys !

Merry Xmas to all of you.....there is good news !

ALL orders are clear and will arrive before xmas...if not, it is the courier backed-up causing the problems. I made sure it was 100% completed before today so that as many of you had their delivery before the big day....

I just came back from the shiping dept. and it is CLEAR, and thats after mailing almost 500 packages in 2 weeks for us alone...that is very busy for us indeed !

There are a good 20 people whose card details were incorrect at time of placing their order and as a result are held-up. We simply had no time to chase them due to mass shipping volumes, we were more concerned about shipping the 'paid-for' orders opposed to those that were declined. So if you are one of the unlucky ones we are STILL trying to sort this out over the weekend and will mail any postal dregs on Monday, so you still may get them before Xmas.

Arena Playset is £40 NOW and in stock while stocks last.

Republic Gunship is £35 NOW and in stock.

Shipping both items is just £6 (or singly also £6, that is the rate we are charged by the courier). Sending together saves you money and most boxes are mint too...

See you all in 2003...we have some good deals in January, like Slave I for £13, Jedi Starfighter for £11, Zam and Anakin Speeders at £6 and many figures from just £3.