Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dagobah

Dagobah

What is so familiar about Dagobah to Luke? I mean, he does say there's somethign familiar about that place. Does that mean he will have visited there in Ep III?
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Well, the general theory is that Yoda and Ben brought him to Dagobah at one point before they went to Tatooine, but that's just specualtion. We'll have to wait until Episode 3 to come out.

It could be similar to how Leia only remembers images of her mother.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    IMO...Luke and Leia will both be born on Dagobah...prior to them going their separate ways. The fact that Leia remembers images of her mother...does not necessarily imply that Leia has never been to Dagobah...but merely she spent more time with her mother than Luke did. I think that Padme could appear to die... but not actually die in Episode III...rather die between Episode III and IV. Again...just my opinion and speculation...
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I hope Luke does some how go to Dagobah in Episode III. It would make his line in Episode V more meaningful.

Also, IMO, I think it is 100% possible to allow Padm to snuff it in Episode III. Leia's images of her mother could just be her subconsciencly using the force.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Agreed! I hope that they do alot of stuff on Dagobah...revealing the mystery of the cave...Luke's memory...etc...!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Maybe Dagobah is indeed Naboo.

Naboo just gets taken over by swamps & they rename it Dagobah (as in Days Gone By ) Then it would be familiar to Luke because he could have been born on Naboo (when it was starting to be swampy) & Leia could remember Padme because she was born on Naboo too!!!

Just the kind of plot twist George Lucas would throw in..... hey, if Boba Fett can be a clone then anything can happen.......

Maybe the Lars family vacationed there when Luke was young. Remember, Disney World used to be just swamp.
    Dar Basra

We all hope GL will tie this one up, but I forsee disappointment. Unless 3 will be 3 hours long and abandon the standard SW movie formula, there is little to hope for.

The theories I always liked the best were:

1. Luke was taken there as an infant by Kenobi, who was seeking Yoda's advice; Yoda is in hiding because of the Jedi slaughter.

2. (lesser) Dagobah was indeed once Naboo, its surface razed by a primitive version of the Death Star, it's laser powerful enough only to destroy most life forms, not yet explode the entire planet. In the 20 ensuing years until we find Yoda there, life has grown back, thickly and quickly. This theory has many obvious holes.

It would be really cool if the first one was brought to light, even briefly. It would show Luke's major connection to the Force (memories from infancy?), and it would be cool to see the Jedi frantically scattered about, trying to figure out what to do about, (a.) getting so royally beaten, and (b.) deciding what to do with what could be their future or their potential downfall.

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Well, the general theory is that Yoda and Ben brought him to Dagobah at one point before they went to Tatooine, but that's just specualtion. We'll have to wait until Episode 3 to come out.

It could be similar to how Leia only remembers images of her mother.
    Agreed.

GL may also have Dooku die there to explain the cave. All speculation of course.