Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question do you collect something else?

Do you collect something else besides AF?

-I collect music CD's ; I have about 1300 original CD's (new age music, ambinet, electronic music, world, underground soundtracks etc; original CD's not bootlegs or CD-R),

-also collect African and Asian masks and statues,

-and have a small collection of metal die-cast Soviet tanks (bought them before 1990) which I heard are pretty rare at the moment. The tanks are the approximate size of the AF line. See the link:

http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index....;threadid=5253
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

pretty much my serious collecting has been limited over the past several years to galoob micro machines.

i have a fairly large compact disc collection of well over 3000 discs covering mostly rock jazz and classical. it's been years since i've had a cd buying binge, but ya never know when one of those might strike again.

as a kid i loved to collect dinky and corgi die-cast cars. they've been long gone, since my folks swept my old room clean when i bundled off to college

i still do have quite a few solido die cast tanks from the late 60's and early 70's.

the detail on them is truely superior to any other die-cast tank on the market. real metal treads, authentic weapon accessories, accurate markings, they really are something to look at.

mason hasn't shown any interest in them, so in the laundry room closet they remain.

back in the 80's i was dating a woman who ran the show room for herman miller furniture at the new york design center. through that relationship, i was able to acquire quite a bit of post war modern furniture. quite a bit of ray and charles eames seating, as well as some pieces by george nelson, and erro saarinen. i also have some pieces from knoll studio, particularly a florence knoll sofa.

so i guess you could say that i collect post war modern furniture.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

could you post the pics of those tanks? i'd be interested in seeing them
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Thumbs up LEGO SW!

I also collect SW Lego sets.
    I began to collect them thinking to get just the Snowspeeder, then I became addicted.

Lately Lego showed for SW all the enthusiasm is lacking to Hasbro. New lines (Ultimate collectors, Mini-sets), new themes (from just vehicles to characters and modular playsets), new challenges (the Imperial Star Destroyer, that is the biggest Lego set ever, more than 3000 pieces!). For a SW collector this is a heaven. I find now in Lego the same innovative approach I found in MM and AF (Battle Packs, X-Ray, AF and MM figures, obscure vehicles, action features, do you remember? ).

Very expensive.
    But, what a fun!

Besides I also have a small collection of old Dinky Toys SF toys from Gerry Anderson's TV serials: UFO, Space 1999, and Thunderbirds. Good old heavy metal models, they are my pride.

Ciao,
    JediGoofy
    Last edited by JediGoofy; 12-20-2002 at 05:54 AM.

Oooo.

I don't know if this counts as 'collecting' but I am building a 1:1 scale R2-D2 and I have to 'collect' the aluminium parts. My Christmas present from my faddah, is the shipping cost for the legs, ankles and feet and earlier this week I took delivery of the large data port above the 2 blue arms.

I also collect dustbunnies and store them in my navel for later (just in case). Oh, and I check my teeth for stuff that has collected there

:P

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Originally posted by jeddah
    .......Oh, and I check my teeth for stuff that has collected there
    but of course you do dear, after all you are rawther brittish

seregi (i think i like that better than serg), i'll trot out the solidos sometime over the next week and take some photos.

here is a page over at ebay that contains several auctions with photos of a few of the tanks that i have.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Smile

Yo-Yo's. I have over 200 of them, metal, wood, plastic, old and new. Lots of fun, if you want to see some cool ones, check out this on-line store where I get a lot of them: www.infiniteillusions.com

I have all the state quarters that are out now

Seashells, I live in Florida and Ive found some cool ones at the beach or out snorkelling.

And my girlfriend would probably tell you I collect bicycles and snowboards, as I have 4 bikes and 3 boards, but I think these are reasonable numbers and that everyone should have at least this many. I'd have to get a couple dozen more of each before I considered them "collections."

I also have a huge SW figures collection (3,3/4"), more than 350 carded figures. The whole Star Trek Playmates starships collection (all MIMB).

It's very funny when I read the Good Shot Jansen's post, I remember I have a pair marble Knoll tables in a room. I also have a very cool "Valentine" Typewriter" designed in the 70's by PininFarina that my father gave me years ago (as a designer Himself, he had collected lots of very strange design pieces of furniture (like very curious lamps or imflatable chairs...).

I also have a collection of rocks, minerals, and a very few (but very rare) meteorites (found in the early nineties in the desert of Mauritania.
    Also in Mauritania I found some pre-historic tools like cut-stomes arrowheads and Knives (very small pieces but beautiful). I also bought some minerals on the markets in Marrakesh (Marroco) but I found almost everything by myself in mines or quarries when I was younger. Other part of this collection is made of fossils. I have some plants and vegetals imprisonned in stone, a few (but beautiful samples) Trilobites and other animals. Some funny items like Shark teeth or a print of dinosaurs feet on stone.

In fact I collect lot of things : Old Oil Lamps, paintings, drawings, old postcards, books and a lot of items collected during my travels... African masks, shells from the Indian ocean, paintings on Papyruses from Cairo in Egypt, etc, etc...

Aoh ! Yes I also have a huge collection of great vinyls LP's from the fifties and the sixties : Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Elvis Presley (Bluuuuuue Hawaaaaaï !), The supremes, Ottis Redding, Frank Sinatra, The Tornadoes, Nat King Cole, Trini Lopez, Aeroplane, Rolling Stones & Beattles, Paul Anka, The PLatters, The Crystals and many more !

===========================================

I aslo collect girlfriends ... still 30' and not married
    I think I'm gonna be a teenager a few years more but that's another story
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

I have a decent collection of vinyl record albums, and the stuff on this list. The list is missing a few things -- mostly the last 2 or 3 waves of EP2/Saga AFs.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I collect LEGO as well. I have one of every set except the UCS X-Wing and the new 2003 sets (haven't seen them yet), and the Imperial Star Destroyer. I also collect a few action figures (mostly Jedi and main characters). I just started collecting the new Generation 1 Collectors Edition Transformers. Not all of them, just the ones I wanted as a kid and never got. I collect Star Wars books. To check out my collection, check out my site. I also collect the plastic Lightsabers.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.