Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

The Magic is gone

Maybe this is just an oportunity to vent or maybe a product of boredom but most likely this letter is out of sadness.

Just for a moment put aside the fact that your a corporation who is in it all for the money. No, wait a minute! Don't do that because if you read this letter carefully to what I have to say you may very well start really profiting again on Star Wars.

Hasbro, I almost completely blame you for draining the magic and excitement out of collecting Star Wars figures. When you started up again with Star Wars toys in 95 with POTF2, the figures were not perfect but there was something. The assortments got progressively better, the sculpts were more acurate and the characters were a plenty. By the time of the last POTJ assortment you got it done right and I couldn't be happier. Then came Episode 2 and the Saga line.

Fine. I will agree Ep. 2 as a movie wasn't like the original trilogy but nothing could be but as a fan of the Star Wars universe, I was still into it and ready to buy all the little figures of all the new aliens, villians and heroes alike.

The Saga toyline has exhausted me. There is no consistancy! When I stand up all my figures they don't have the glory of the old line. Some figures legs are stretched so far out they won't even fit on the large round stands that I use. I almost need a whole shelf just for Jango figures alone and still there isn't one that is "the definitive one".

Sometimes simpicity is the answer. I don't need all the fancy poses, the upteen amount of accesories or the scene specific facial expression. I just want a complete line of The Star Wars Universe. And, yes, I most definitely appreciate it when an earlier figure gets a new and better resculpt when needed. I did appreciate the 300th Boba Fett. It was excellent and much better then the first.

I know I'm just one person and your not going to completey restructure cause of one silly letter in one silly forum by one little Star Wars fan but I promise you I'm not the only one who feels this way. Research will prove that things are not right. Something must be done to preserve the longevity of Star Wars figures. They are beyond just a common childs plaything. They are their own universe.

Star Wars is my childhood and I hope Star Wars figures will continue to be in my future.

Thanks
    Randy

Yes! No more "kick me in the jimmy" action poses! I can assure you that no one stands with their legs that far apart, unless they've had some major surgery. Close the legs, Hasbore!

I agree. Stop trying to be kicked in the crotch Hasbro.

I hate those dag-on action poses to. My son stopped wanting SW figs because he said they arent fun to play with now. Examples from an eight year old: They dont fit in my ships, they wont stand up they fall over. He plays with GI Joes now. Oh also he said they break. IMO I dont think they have the playability that they used to for children as much as they used to. ^5 Fulit!
    Last edited by Jedi Master Silas; 12-19-2002 at 12:57 PM.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Yep, the SAGA collection broke me of my completist ways.
    May the force be with you.

I couldn't agree more. Also, please stop with the rehashes. Episode I Yoda was okay when he came out, and POTJ Tusken is still one of the best figures. But we didn't need these onetime pegwarmers again already. We didn't need most of the pack-ins from the Target packs (the red Battle Droid being the notable exception), and, looking at next year's offerings, we don't need complete rehashes of the Gungan Warrior, Gamorrean Guard, and every dang bounty hunter you've produced in the past seven years.

Hasbro, I know you're reading this. Hopefully you've gotten by now that we fans as a whole are not satisfied. We desperately want to love Star Wars figures again as we did a year or two ago.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
    ^5 Fulit!

Heh?

My kid has problems with the playability of the figures, but then he's only 3. It's hard for him to stand them up, due to the previously mentioned "spread eagle" stance.

Oops... ^5 = high five...do ya get it???
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
    Oops... ^5 = high five...do ya get it???

Oh, duh! I deride my symbol-deciphering abilities.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Yep, the SAGA collection broke me of my completist ways.
    Exactly the same with me. Too many figures are trying to be too many things at once keeping them from interacting with vehicles and even other figures. They don't play well and they don't display well, there's no flexability in many of these figures. There's so much more wrong with the Saga line too, it's a shame.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.