Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the best and the worst AF ship

Which do you think are the best and the worst AF (not MM) ships/figures?

Best: Defender, Falcon

Worst: MTT
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Don't be slammin' my MTT!!!

Especially since EVERYONE knows the Cloud Car is the worst AF.

To add insult to injury, you put the TIE Defender as the best....

What have I done to deserve this?

Amongst the best
    Republic Cruiser - Radiant #
    Queen Amidala's Royal Starship

The worst
    B-wing
    Tydirium
    Rancor

jeddah - predictable as hell
    eVerlasTing

I don't have too many, but I'd say...

BEST: Slave 1 and Millennium Falcon

WORST: (I can't really think of one that was really bad)
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I too like the MTT, it's fairly accurate and opens like the one in the movie.

As for WORST, it'd be the Solar Sailer, but if we're talking pre-Ep 2, then it'd be the Flash Speeder.

Glitch, I don't think the Cloud Car is the worst, it's fairly accurate (if a little dull), certainly more so than the T-16.

I have a lot of favorites, but I'd have to say the Virago is up at the top of that list.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So, so many favorites....
    A-Wing
    TIE Interceptor
    Falcon (Saga paint for best appreciation of details)
    AT-ST
    X-Wing (Toyfare Dagobah version)
    All 3 Aliens AFs
    All the Starship Troopers AFs (bugs included)
    EP1 Droid Control Ship
    EP1 Droid Fighter
    EP1 Trade Fed Tank
    EP2/Saga AT-TE
    and many more....

Least favorites
    Sail Barge (sorry, all you jabbarge fans)
    E-Wing (I don't care how "rare" or "collectible" it is, I think it's boring... but I'm still looking for an opener of it!)
    EP1 Naboo Fighter
    EP1 Republic Cruiser
    EP1 Gungan Sub (mainly because the "supplies" don't come out)
    Saga Vader TIE
    EP2/Saga Solar Sailer (a.k.a. Barbarella's IUD)
    EP1 Flash Speeder (too large next to Luke's speeder & Lars family speeder)

No offense intended to anyone.....
    I still love to collect, display and play with them all.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Originally posted by Glitch
    I dunno, when I was younger I had alot of fun putting the Cloud Car in "peril" and having to have Lobot be ordered to climb outside and repair the Cloud Car via the revealable maintainence area.

I'm not really gonna base these off of detail POVs because truly they are all very awesomely detailed.. Pre-Hasbro AF of course.
    Best:
    X-wing - Classic and just overall fun.
    Y-wing - Pull-out maintainence cylinder was a nice ship-to-ship battering ram )
    Snowspeeder - Just frickin fun with Snow.
    TIE Interceptor - The pull-out mainainence pieces really could make it look more intimidating)
    Cloud Car - Two cockpits seperated unlike the Snowspeeder's design, revealable maintainence panel, and retractable landing gear, AND it came with two figures!

Worst:
    Virago - From a collector POV it was awesome, and I agree it is. But playing with it was tough, sure all the moving parts were sweet but..no landing gear? Also the slide-out cockpit seat that had extra space in the back could fit Guri with Xizor piloting, but it was a pain to get Guri in... I recently found out that when you have her in there for a long while (like oh, 5+ years) that when you take her out and try to put her back, she can be quite fragile..and broke. I have a back-up from the SOTE Battle pack though.

Gian Speeder - It's fun, but overpriced and the lack of extra Naboo Soldiers elsewhere made it hard to enjoy the set to it's full potential.

TIE Fighter - Classic and accurate but overall not very exciting after the TIE Interceptor and it's pull-out maintainence cylinders to give it more wing span intimidation. What was the point of the fold-down thruster...?

My "worst" aren't really that bad per se, but just compared to the other ships they just really weren't that much after detail.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: the best and the worst AF ship

'Don't be slammin' my MTT!!!
    To add insult to injury, you put the TIE Defender as the best....
    What have I done to deserve this?'

This is not meant to hurt you, man. I understand you worked hard for the MTT. Sorry Glitch, but it's my opinion and hope I can have an opinion. If not PLMK... Then I'll move out of here the same way I came in...
    Last edited by sergiurusu; 12-22-2002 at 05:10 AM.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

'I recently found out that when you have her in there for a long while (like oh, 5+ years) that when you take her out and try to put her back, she can be quite fragile..and broke.'

Use a little bit of oil. I encountered the same problem. I use some gun oil for the pilots staying too long bended in their cokpits
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Virago is a space combat vessel, like the TIEs, it has no landing gear because it's not supposed to land, it is supposed to dock with some sort of facility. Heck, the T-16 has no landing gear and we've SEEN it on the ground. I don't like the big fake-o landing feet we got with ships like the Republic Cruiser, Rebel Corvette, and Snowspeeder (sorry, but I hated that foot so much I shaved it off one of mine!), if it's not accurate it shouldn't be there unless it can fold totally out of sight.

I had no idea people put 2 figures in that ship, mine still has the same Xizor figure inside from when I first bought it but comes out without trouble.

The TIE Fighter isn't even all that accurate, the wings should be taller.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.