Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TRU Starscream is out now!!!

I didn't put this in the Just Found section because it's not a Star Wars toy.

The new Toy's R Us Commemorative Series II Starscream is out now. I have yet to see it at TRU but it is poping up on ebay. Here's a pic I found:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	4792  
    May the force be with you.

I like the box.....I'm not into the Transformers but my hubby is. This is a TRU exclusive eh? Are there going to be more?
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

AWESOME! This is one that I've been waiting to get my hands on. Come to papa.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
    I like the box.....I'm not into the Transformers but my hubby is. This is a TRU exclusive eh? Are there going to be more?
    Currently Optimus Prime, and Ultra Magnus can be bought at TRU. (Good luck finding Prime though.) Rodimus Major (AKA Hot Rod) shipped with them, but I haven't seen him for several months. Magnus is pretty easy to find.

Power Master Optimus Prime w/ Apex Armor will start to show up pretty soon as well.

Jazz, Silverstreak (AKA Bluestreak..) and I think Thundercracker will show up later in the year.

I guess I should posted a topic like this when I saw Starscream last week...

BTW, its rumored that Silverstreak will be in Bluestreaks anime colors. So while Bluestreak has always been silver, Silver streak may be blue.. weird..

Edit: Ok ignore that! Bluestreak's anime color wasn't blue! This is what anime bluestreak looks like.

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=251

I'm such an idiot! I should have remembered that..
    Last edited by Adam; 12-23-2002 at 06:45 PM.

I have heard that TRU will be getting solid cases of regular Prime soon, so it won't be as hard to find this fig as it has been so far.

I hate to say it, but this TRU Starscream looks really dull in that packaging for some reason. I hadn't been planning on buying this fig anyway, but now I'm solid on that decision.

I want Soundwave w/ cassettes!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Everyone wants Soundwave with the cassettes.

If Hasbro is even slightly interested in making money with these re-issues then they will green light this baby.

As for the solid cases of Prime, I believe they may have started shipping already. I stopped by TRU about 2 weeks after T-giving and they had about a dozen Primes' and NO Ultra Magnus (Cincinnati, OH). Solid cases of Optimus Prime...good call Hasbro!

I still can't believe Hasbro went with Apex Armor Optimus before Soundwave. What were they thinking? Maybe it's a cost cutting technique, since they were already cranking out Diesel molds (Prime and Magnus being the same mold) they figured...why not keep 'em rollin'.

I will be buying ALL of the TRU re-issues. It's the only thing besides Movie Maniacs and Star Wars I collect.
    May the force be with you.

The Soundwave mold is damaged, last time I heard. It's going to cost some cash to fix it, and Takara may never end up doing so.

That would be tragedy if true and a serious mistake on Takara's part if they don't deal with it. If nothing else, they could pull molds from the original toys and simply tighten up these new molds.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.