Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Once again collecting is at a down period

I would have liked Hasbro to pump out a few more figures before the years end. There's not much to talk about here. I hope this isn't a trend for the next few years. I know it gets a little slow at non movie years, but it's already kinda dead. Thats just my 2 cent.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Han Hoth
    Chewie Mynock Hunt
    Luke Jedi
    Boba Fett flying
    Obi-Wan Acklay Fight
    Padme Droid Factory
    Anakin droid hand
    Jedi Analysis Droids
    Lama Su w. Clone
    Yoda w. Younglings
    Coleman Trebor
    Aayla Secura
    Bariss Offee
    Flying R2D2
    Count Dooku Lightning
    Tusken Raider (severable head)
    Jedi Younglings
    Padme Wedding
    Clone Trooper (infantry)
    Lars Family 3-pack
    Club Outlander Patrons (up to 4 possibly)
    Separatists' Command Center (up to 3 new figures - possibly Poggle)
    Waitress Droid from Dexter's
    New Imp Officer
    New Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Bail Organa

That's my $169.66's worth - at least....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't mind it. The Deluxe have yet to show up past Nexu/Ani w/ Geo along with the Acklay, but I really don't mind the slow down. A breather once in awhile is nice, especially after 52 figures from April to now, and theres still two left, not too mention the ones who still have to track down the newest ones like Ephant Mon.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't know, I guess I like to chase the figures. I like the hunt, or is it I hate the hunt. I guess it's a love hate sort of thing. My interests are going towards Mcfarlane these days. They are pumping out many of my other favorite movie figures, but SW will always be a passion.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I don't mind the down time much. It gives me a chance to save up more $ for later. And work on a few other toy lines too.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The only other toy line I'm collecting is ArtAsylum's Star Trek figures. Haven't even decided if I'm buying their ships yet.

In Star Wars I did finally decide to buy the 25th Anniversary scenes - Han/Chewie, Luke/Leia - only because I found the perfect Ben/Darth! I'm trying to make myself return them - I really didn't need them, or their expense (though they were on sale for around $9 each) but I buy to open stuff - there's no point in opening these, so...

Meanwhile, If you want the challenge of the hunt, the rumor is that:

Pamde Droid Factory (white outfit)
    Sand Person (Tusken Raider)
    Jedi Analysis Droids 2-pack
    Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head)
    Imp Officer (new head)
    Zuckuss (re-carded)
    Teebo (re-carded)

are all out now - showing up very rarely at some Targets.

You might find them by going out to the store before they open and waiting to be the first in...

They MIGHT have these now, before about a month-2 months of non-ordering, inventory management sets in (where we'll listen to countless stories of how unfair distribution is, and how limited these figures are - all untrue). But if you want to hunt - now's your chance to get them before they are common peg-warmers by March.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    Han Hoth
    Chewie Mynock Hunt
    Luke Jedi
    Boba Fett flying
    Obi-Wan Acklay Fight
    Padme Droid Factory
    Anakin droid hand
    Jedi Analysis Droids
    Lama Su w. Clone
    Yoda w. Younglings
    Coleman Trebor
    Aayla Secura
    Bariss Offee
    Flying R2D2
    Count Dooku Lightning
    Tusken Raider (severable head)
    Jedi Younglings
    Padme Wedding
    Clone Trooper (infantry)
    Lars Family 3-pack
    Club Outlander Patrons (up to 4 possibly)
    Separatists' Command Center (up to 3 new figures - possibly Poggle)
    Waitress Droid from Dexter's
    New Imp Officer
    New Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Bail Organa

That's my $169.66's worth - at least....
    number of those i will actually see with the distribution and scalping around here = 4
    WHOOPEDEEDOO!
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Tycho, you had to pay $9.00 for the Anniversary set...on sale, WOW!

I just found these at KB Toys for $4.95 each. They had TONS of Vader and Ben sets along with Luke/Leia and one, yes one lonely Han/Chewie set. Needless to say, I now have a loose set of each in my collection (I paid full price for my MIMB sets 11 months ago ).

I tell you though, these things should have been priced at $4.95 from the start, IMHO.
    May the force be with you.

This is OK I'm only 15 and not allowed to work during the Winter so I'm really low on money and going to have to only buy a few figures until I'm able to earn money in the Spring... so yea It's fine or shall I say GREAT! that it's slow
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

we're sooooo far behind you guys so i don't think you should complain.

haven't even seen the pilot wave.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D