Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

New TMNT figures out!

Greetings to one and all! as usual, spun by the toy department after work tonight and scored the 4 heroes in a half shell. No sign of shredder or Foot soldier. They look awesome!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Have you popped them open? Are they any good? I was totally jazzed when I saw the prototype pic, but when the production pics hit, I wasn't as excited. Clearly, the production ones were superior to the classic Playmates figs, but they just weren't as true to the source material as the prototype.

I'll probably buy all 4 turtles and Shredder (this Shredder fig actually looks better than the original Shredder fig from back in the day from what I've seen) but I doubt I'll go beyond that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nah, sorry, i'm one of them crazy collectors who keeps stuff in the box. You wouldn't happen to have any idea as to how many figures they're releasing for this series, would you?? cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG, according to Playmates Toys, there will be new figures in April. And judging by the cartoon charecters, I'm going to expect Baxter Stockman, April O' Neil, Casey Jones, and a Utrom (Krang's Race) Alien as most likely for the next assortment.

Let me toss up a link to the offical TMNT site and to Playmates TMNT site, for anyone that wants more info. Nice to see that they also decided to make Baxter black, like the original comic charecter.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/sneakpeek.html
    http://www.playmatestoys.com/html/turtles_main.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-24-2002 at 03:37 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I did some digging, here's what the line up looks like. Note that April O' Neil seems to have been pushed back into Asst. 2. Suprising to not see Baxter or a Utrom listed, though the "Mutant" could be a Utrom. They seem to be downplaying the fact that they appear in the series.

Series 1:
    Leonardo, Donatello, Rapheal, Michaelangelo, Splinter, Shredder, April O'Neil, Foot Soldier

Series 2:
    Leonardo II, Donatello II, Rapheal II, Michaelangelo II, Casey Jones, Foot Elite, Triceraton, Mutant

I did a bit more digging and found another list at ADC, that seems to match on some things and not on others. Also, over at American Dream Comics they are saying that there will be a $50.00 Sewer playset with Exclusive Splinter figure. Let me post up the relevent pieces from it and a link.

After that you can look for a second series of 5" figures to include April, Casey Jones and a brand new character who goes by the name Drakk, Shreder's second in command. The third wave of figures is tentativly scheduled to include 2nd versions of the Turtles a Foot Tech Ninja and the Manotech Monster who will be another new character.

After that we can expect to a Foot Ninja Hover Jet and a Turtle Lair Playset that will be out later in the year and retail for around $50.00. We are told this thing will features lots of electronic lights and sounds, spring loaded weapons, trap doors and hand operated features. It is also slated to include a exclusive Splinter figure.

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/i...d=770&catid=20

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-24-2002 at 05:05 PM.

Muchas gracias for the links JJB!!!! I browsed around that playmates site and whatnot. I just wanna know if they're going to keep the line small like previously planned. According to an issue of Toyfare (insert toyfare hate comment now if you must) it said the original plan was only for 16 figures, but if they're going to push it further and make new versions of the Turtles, i'll pass. I can't afford these, Star Wars and LOTR!!! We'll see! cheers!!

I don't see the line being huge, so 16 sounds about right for the first year of toys. Two versions of the turtles are ok, as long as they don't go "He-Man" on them and include them in every assortment. Not sure what the second versions will be. Not sure if they had the old "Trenchcoat and Hat" disguises in the old Mirage Comics Series that the new cartoon is based on.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Where did you find these at?

There's a new TMNT cartoon? Is it on Cartoon Network?

Why am I just hearing about this now? (Rhetorical)
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

I found the figures @Wal-mart supercenter, sidney, OH.

New cartoon debuts in february on FOX Kids.

I got Mike and Leo for Xmas. They're really cool. The articulation isn't too much better than the original turtles though. The arms are better (ball jointed and elbow & wrist articulation) but the legs are almost the same. These new ones about a half an inch taller. The head sculpts are fantastic. The masks are separate non-removable plastic. It looks lik you can take them off if you try but I doubt they'd look right if you did. The front of the shells (chests?) are made of soft plastic. It's cool. Feels like padding. Some folks like to complain that the flaps of the bandanas are blowing in the wind while the belts are not. The way my wife put it, it looks like the belts are made of heavy leather so they wouldn't blow around in the wind as much as the softer, lighter cloth bandana flaps would. So to sum up: Great figures. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is that Mikes right arm won't go all the way down. It's a bit of an odd "at rest" pose for him. Both Leo's arms go down nicely. I like to have my figures at rest on the shelf. Maybe it's just me though. Other than that, I really like the new line. Hm..perhaps I should have put this in the review section...Meditate on this, I will.