Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question The Story of Darth Vader

Has anyone read this book? It is from the Masterpiece Edition. I got it for $2.00. I don't care about the figures, but I'll take the books. I think they would make great additions to my SW Library.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I flipped thru it once when it first came out. it seemed a little premature considering a good portion of his history (Episodes II and III) weren't out yet, So I skipped it...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Exclamation

This is the book with the 13" Anakin figure, right? It's not bad, a collection of stories from films, books, etc.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I was wondering the same thing about it be to soon,because the other two movies haven't came out yet.I maybe wrong though I haven't read it yet.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

They did the "much of the information from the pre-Clone Wars era has been lost" thing. I love that. NOT!!!!

Otherwise it's an okay book full of "collectibles" info on Darth Vader...

"...ooh-- pretty pictures!!!"
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 10-03-2001 at 10:37 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

There are two other Master piece editions: one of Aurra Sing and the other of C3P0, but i'm not sure what books came in those two...it would be interesting to check it out. Im planning to buy those 3 (including vader), so i'll let u guys know whats there when i get them.
    As always...........L

Well, I received the book in the mail today. Haven't started reading it yet.

It arrived along w/ the '94 HB Star Wars Technical Journal. I'm assuming this is a culmination of the 4 magazine style Tech. Journals that were produced back then. So far it looks pretty good. I especially like the Cantina layout. Will help in the customizing dept.

I've also been curious about the other Masterpiece books. I could care less about the figures. It's just a matter of finding the books for sale w/out the fig.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

The book was an interesting read, except when they tried to fit The Splinter of the Mind's Eye novel in with actual Star Wars continuity. Not cool!!

Let's see if I remember it: Luke is trapped under fallen rubble so Leia grabs his lightsaber and lunges at Vader, who deflects her pathetic blow easily and slices her face open with his lightsaber. Then Vader walks up to the downed Leia and.......are you ready?......trips and falls into a hole!! Luke and Leia then congratulate themselves on defeating Vader and they live happily ever after.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Talking

Hey BB! Maybe they should take Splinter, reprint it and add an infinities symbol.

I've never been to up on the story, but it is still part of my ever expanding SW Library.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Then they could release the Ewok movies and the Droids/Ewoks cartoons on DVD with infinities symbols.

Could you imagine if the Ep1 DVD showed up with an infinities symbol on the cover? Methinks many Star Wars fans would be dancing in the streets.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis