Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE NEW gunship

THE NEW gunship

Does any body know how big it is or if it can fit a person in the cockpit. Becuase if that cockpit is large enough to hold a guy that the cargo area would be large enough the store people. I can't wait. I jus hope it's big enough

NB

ill be happyas long as the cargo area can carry at least 8 stormtrooper mm figures into battle or even naval troopers may look good flying that thing , ive always wanted a ship that could carry stormies into battle coz the ;anding craft and shuttle would be shot down the time its managed to land and disimbark troops into the middle of a large battle :-)!!!!!!!!!!!

hawkwing that's exactly how i think of toys. I say jus like you. " To carry troops into battle." I want it to be large enough to hold alot of troops too. Let's cross our fingers

NB

I'm with both you guys. I want a Gunship that can take troops into battle. I also want one that my troops can fly. And I'll probably use stormtroopers in the troop bay and a TIE Pilot to fly it. If the cockpit can hold mini-figures. But, it just won't be the same. This is a CLONE SHIP. AND I WANT CLONE TROOPERS. We should all write to Hasbro and let them know that we want AF mini-figures.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I know waht you mean. I love the Tyderium and the Imperial Landing Craft. But wouldn't be nicer to be large enough to fit at least 2-4 stormies in their cockpits.

Hope the Gunship will have a larger body. Who knows maybe in the future we'll see some Clone Troopers in some battle packs.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

ive been forced in the past to imporvise assualt craft , such as the sancrawler which makes a great adversary to the at-at ,both docked next to eachother with the at-at ramp hatch door loweard and troops battling it out and some being pushed of an fall to the ground ..great fun :-)

Does anyone know if the starship trooper af retreaval ship can fit troops in its big cargo compartment in the back ??

If the Retreval ship is the green one then yes it can. Not many, but I think you can get about 6 mini-figs in the cargo hold. Sorry I haven't seen the movie for a while, I forgot what ship is what
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Hawkwind, Jangu is correct about the SST Retrieval Ship. the back hatch opens to an approx 1 or 1.5 cubic inch cargo hold.

As far as assault craft, what about the Aliens Drop Ship & APC?
    You can either store troops in the cargo ramp of the drop ship, or put an MM APC in there, land it, roll-out the APC, then make a quick switch to the AF APC, and deploy the troops from there!

And, as long as you're mixing movies, the Final Fantasy Copperhead has a cargo hold almost the same size as the one on the SST Retrieval Ship, and the Copperhead looks great displayed & played with along side of AFs.

If you're fortunate enough to have an opener Predator Warrior Transport (I don't have an opener of it ), it has a good amount of troop holding area, too.

It's a shame the MTT's slide-out carriage can't be easily disengaged to free-up troop cargo space.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

swafman dude that's exactly what I think of. We all think a like. The copperhead is good to hold a couple ( At most 3) and the sst rs is pretty nice considering it has troop area and bombs. I love the aliens Af. The narcisucus can fit perfectly with the matchbox mega-rig space station. And the dropship is a beauty considering all that it can go escpecially becuase you can take the white missile packs out and pretend to load them. That's why i cringe when i look at that prototype af base with the yellow loader. SO much play there yet we didn't get a chance.

nb

A cool troop-carrying AF is the Battle Squads AAV (Amphibious Assault Vehicle(AAV7A1)). While not space-based, it has a LOT of seats and looks like it could fit in the future; mine hangs out with the Aliens APC, both vehicles evac troops and locals from under-siege areas like the Yavin base or my wall.

There's also a small hold on the BS Merkava tank that could hold a few figs, and the BS C-130 obviously, though it's pretty hard to pretend it looks futuristic.

The Bandai Power Rangers Time Force Megazord and Time Shadow Megazord (recently sold together in a 2-pack at TRU) is made up of a total of 6 space vehicles, 5 of which hold 1 AF minifig each (and combine to a larger space vehicle) and the 6th holds 6 minifigs. The first 5 transform into a larger space vehicle AND a giant robot (techically, 2 different robots, 1 at a time), the 6th vehicle transforms into a robot AND armor for the other robot.

Sadly, there's no way to access the holds on the Xyber-9 AF-style sets, but several look like they coulda held at least 4 figs anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.