Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrrrrgh!!!!

Angry Arrrrrgh!!!!

I'm beginning to get extremely annoyed with this AOTC trailer garbage!

It's bad enough that the first trailer costs $30 to download if you want a full-sized version. But now, the second trailer is exclusive to the DVD website. I know I can't be the only person with a DVD player, but not a DVD-ROM drive. Sure, there's one at work, and I'd be willing to take my entire lunch break to download it, but the computers here have no sound! And, since the first trailer wasn't savable, I'm assuming I can't save it and view it at home!

And the third one with Harry Potter! I don't want anyone to think I'm a Potter-hater, but it's something I'm completely ambivalent toward. I'm not planning to go to the most hyped movie of the year, stand in line for hours to get tickets, pay $10 or more for two tickets, deal with a bunch of little kids, and watch a movie that not only doesn't interest me in the least but which, I'm gathering from the endless commercials and previews I've been bombarded with, has special effects that hopefully got people fired from ILM! Not to mention that if I were to change my mind, I'd want to read the book first.

Sorry, just felt the need to vent.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I dont think you need to pay $30 for Quicktime Pro to view the large trailer. I have the large trailer and I don't have Quicktime Pro.

Go here to try to download the large trailer.
    It's worth a shot.

Thumbs up

I have to agree. I do not have the DVD-ROM drive and I am going INSANE!!!!!!!!! I am trying to figure out what i am goign to do.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Friends, don't worry... All the Trailers will be able to download on Starwars.com shortly after the DVD-ROM folks get first dibbs. Yeah, you'll probably have to have QuickTime 5.0 Pro (which I have and it doesn't work either).
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Well, chuxie. Just buy the HP ticket, watch the trailer, then go into another theater. Better yet, after the trailer, watch the first few crummy minutes of HP (close your eyes if you want), then ask for your money back. I'm sure they'll oblige.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think it's hilarious when people bad mouth something they haven't even seen. It makes them look like complete asses. Remember when all those Catholics were bad mouthing Dogma? Without having seen the film? I feel the same desire to chuckle at you guys as I did for those pathetic buffoons. Whenever you open your mouths (or hit Submit) you may as well tape a sign to your forehead that says "I'm an ignorant turd."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Tell us how you REALLY feel EP!

I gotta admit, I can see some folks not being thrilled with going to see Harry Potter, but I am gonna give it a chance. For those who are totally disinterested in seeing it, my guess is 3-days' patience will grant you your wish and a free version of the same trailer will air on your local Fox affiliate's news the monday after. So, all ya gotta do is own a VCR and a tape.

As for me, my QT5pro doesn't work with the official site's stuff either, so I'll be depending on friends to find me versions that DO work.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't mean for anyone to think I hated HP--I was mainly complaining about LFL's handling of trailers this time around.

Think about it. TPM had two trailers, spaced well apart. Neither was attached to a particular movie, and both were downloadable--and savable!--for free.

With AOTC, there are three in one month. We've only seen one online, and it can't be saved, nor can it be viewed full-size without purchasing additional software. I'm guessing the policy won't change in the next couple of weeks.

The second requires a particular piece of hardware that many people don't have. Will it be eventually available to everyone? We can only hope.

Trailer One was attached exclusively to Monsters Inc, and I understand that Trailer Three will be attached to HP in a similar manner. Three years ago, we had choices. We could go see Wing Commander and Meet Joe Black, or just about any other movie showing at the same time.

My biggest problem with the two theatrical trailers is timing, not choice of movies. They're within two weeks of one another! Movies are expensive, especially when I have to pay for rent, student loans, action figures , etc. And let's not forget that this is the holiday season--count at least another $100 gone toward presents. And my girlfriend is interested in AOTC, so I'd need two tickets.

Star Wars is the only movie I'd face huge crowds to see. I'd have waited to see Monsters Inc until crowds died down, were the trailer not with it. (Heck, you put Billy Crystal and John Goodman in the same film, I'll want to see it even if they're just silently picking their noses for two hours!)

I don't hate HP. I'm indifferent toward it--it doesn't particularly interest me. The effects I've seen in a gajillion previews don't impress me at all, so I'm not going to be interested just to see effects. I do know it's easily the most hyped movie of the year, and literally armies of kids will be there.

Sorry, I just can't get excited about fighting Star Wars-sized crowds to see a movie that I couldn't care less about.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

THAT is something I can understand, but honestly, I'm glad I didn't have to see Meet Joe Blech to see the trailer (though I rue the day I agreed to see Wing Commander for the trailer, may as well have put a hole in my head and gotten the pain over quicker).

As for saving it, while I have no personal interest to do so (as I already had a different copy in my HD from a 3rd party at the time the official site put theirs up), quicktime vids can be saved if you know how to work with caches and temp folders and look at URLs within the QT streaming files. But LFL saying "ya gotta pay $30 to save the file" is totally outrageous IMO, that's just bonkers, especially when the local Fox 11 news played the full-screen trailer on TV for anybody to tape (and I'm sure they will again next week).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

for those of you who dont have the "Breathing" trailer... I can possibly set up a site where you can download it... I think it's crazy that Lucasfilm and Apple made a deal to only let owner's of QT Pro 5 to view it. I found a way around it. I can help you out or I can give you direction. Just send me an e-mail.