Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Technical question regading AOTC DVD on a PS2!

First off, sorry if this should e in the episode II forum. It more pertains to the ps2, but eh, sorry!!

I'm watching AOTC and for some reason, every so often, these random technical credits appear on the screen and it's hella annoying. Like "Producer- rick mccallum" and so on. Any idea what in the sammest these are and how to stop them?!! Thanks in advance!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've read alot of reports about problems with the E2 DVD on PS2. Do you have the latest firmware upgrade installed on it? You get that when you buy the remote control. It's on a CD and it updates the firmware in the system that plays DVD's.

This might solve your problems. Those credits that occassionally pop up, are for the Audio Commentary track. When you listen to the Audio Commentary, it pops up and shows the name of who's talking. So it seems to just be a minor glitch thats making it think the Audio Commentary is running.

I am going to suggest, that once you can afford it that you get a standalone DVD player. Game consoles that double as DVD players often end up having these problems. They are good as a first DVD player, but a standalone is much better in the long run. That's not just my opinion, but been proven by DVD tech experts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I am going to suggest, that once you can afford it that you get a standalone DVD player. Game consoles that double as DVD players often end up having these problems. They are good as a first DVD player, but a standalone is much better in the long run. That's not just my opinion, but been proven by DVD tech experts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You know, I used to try and convince many, many people of this when I used to work at EB, but they never listened.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I watched my copy on my mom's PS2 on Thanksgiving and had no problems with it. I didn't use the remote or software updates for it. However, what I have found on other DVDs is that the PS2 loves to apply the subtitle settings upon boot-up and it sounds like that's what is happening for you. Those credits, as jjb mentioned, are part of the Commentary experience, but the commentary audio track and the subtitle names are actually separate so you can turn these "Producer Rick McCallum" things on by cycling through the player's subtitle options.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't had any problems with mine ever, I'd suggest trying to turn on the audio commentary, and then turning it off. That might help it "know" that you don't want the commentary which should take off the name text.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Same combo, different problem. Anyone experienceing a slight, ever so slight, difference in sound and vision? ie words coming out before the lips start moving? Weirdly enough, on my disc it's worse in some parts than others, but is downright brutal during scenes where CGC characters are saying lines. Any tips on this? I thought it might be a setup issue (Im not set for Doby 5.1 at home yet), are there any other possible explanations? Might I need a new copy of the disc? Thanks for any help....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by jjreason
    Same combo, different problem. Anyone experienceing a slight, ever so slight, difference in sound and vision? ie words coming out before the lips start moving? Weirdly enough, on my disc it's worse in some parts than others, but is downright brutal during scenes where CGC characters are saying lines. Any tips on this? I thought it might be a setup issue (Im not set for Doby 5.1 at home yet), are there any other possible explanations? Might I need a new copy of the disc? Thanks for any help....
    I use to have this problem with E1. During the final battle with the Star Fighters, Anakin's works came out about a second later. After I got the remote with the driver updates, that problem went away. I would HIGHLY suggest getting the Sony PS2 Remote and using the updates on your memory card.

As far as the problem with the credits popping up. I havbe not seen this yet. I've watched E2 on my PS2 about 20 times now and I have never seen it. Once again, I would suggest the remote. I think its only $29.96 at WM
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Woah!!! Got in from work and read all these, very good ideas. I'll try the ones that don't require me spending 30 bucks. I hadn't watched any of my SW DVD's with commentary, so the thing about who talks where is pretty obvious to me now! hehehehehehehe I'll let you y'all know what works. Thanks everybody!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Thanks for the tip DA, Im gonna crack and get one - unless I can figure out another way to get me one of them driver discs....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Booya!!! I went into the Options menu and specifically highlghted english digital audio, blah blah, aka: NO commentary...and specifically said no subtitles. as for the first few min and when stuff usually popped up, nothing is poppnig up!!! Yay!!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions!!! If it turns out this doesn't work, i'll post again and tell y'all i resorted to updating my drive. thanks again!!