Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

other AF ships...

What other ships/vehicles would you like to be released by Hasbro (Galoob) in the AF line? I'm talking here about some new ships from SW or other movies (like we already have Alien ships, predator, and StarShip Troopers). Unfortunately it's only a dream but let's see, you are the AF professionals, what do you want.

SW:

Scimitar bomber
    every type of TIE Ship

Non-SW:

the tank used in the 'Soldier' movie (with Kurt Russell). I love that vehicle
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Oh this ol chestnut again....

My stock reply is
    Moya and Talyn from Farscape along with Lola and a host of PK vessels, most notablly a Marauder Retrieval Ship and Prowler.

I would like to see the Mothership from Close Encounters and a lot of the other smaller UFO scout ships from the film and medium sized ones too. I think a cool playset with 3 AF scaled UFOS that come over the road where Roy nearly runs over Barry would be cool.
    I would say a big playset of Devils Mountain and the Dark Side of the Moon would be good too, but it would have to be huge to keep in scale with the Mothership so I would rather scratch-build that.

I would llike AFs of the different stages of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.

The various UFOs from The X-files, such as the 2 types of Flying Triangles, the massive bounty Hunter UFOs and so on.

ED-209 from Robocop

As far as SW goes;
    EP1
    - Neimoidian Shuttle
    - Teemto Pagalies PR
    - Retublic Cruiser
    - TF BD sled
    - Coruscant Air Taxi
    - Chancellorum's Blue Shuttle
    EPII
    - G-type ship, chromed with accurate landing gear hatches
    - Assassin Droid - scaled to BP size
    - Flash Gordon bus
    - FugeeFreighter @ JT @ GSJ
    - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive ring. (I know it's on the list)
    - RGS that drops walkers
    - Hailfire Droid

SW
    none. except perhaps the odd resculpt
    ESB
    - Nebulon B
    - Round one
    - Medium Transport with 'jigsaw effect' modules to clip in and out
    - re-articulated AT-AT.
    - Probot
    ROTJ
    - Executor
    - B-wing (seeing as they've not made one yet)

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

I love to see a Babylon 5 AF. Just thinking about all the different ships and charaters that could be made

I'd love to see Hasbro re-release a TIE Defender. And all the other TIE craft from the EU, like the Tri Fighter(Clutch), Tie Rapter. And the experimental TIE ships from the X-Wing computer game.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Someone dig up the old thread on this topic please, I don't feel like going through the huge list again. J/k... sorta.

Here's my short list:
    - Outrider (SW:SOTE)
    - X-wing revisit
    - Runabout (Star Trek: DS9)
    - Shuttlecraft{s} (ST:TNG, ST:TOS, ST:Movies)
    - Deckard's Spinner (Blade Runner)
    - Starfury (Babylon 5)
    - Batmobile{s} (Batman 1989, Animated Batman mid-90s and late-90s)
    - Planet Express Ship (Futurama)

Tons more I'm forgetting right now, I'm sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Someone dig up the old thread on this topic please, I don't feel like going through the huge list again. J/k... sorta.
    okey dokey

there's this

and that

there were a few more threads dealing with this topic back in the old forums, but unfortunately, the old forums are no longer accessible ..........too bad, a lot of good stuff was said back in the old days
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

James bond action fleet would be cool ,imagine some action fleet aston martins.

Andromeda action fleet .

And action fleet for the pc game I-WAR the ship's in that were breathtaking.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. G.I. Joe would make a cool AF. And it's not that we won't ever see it. Hasbro does make Joe MM, and are releasing new MM playsets next year. And if they do MM for Star Wars, why couldn't we see a AF for G.I. Joe vs. Cobra? I would love to have a AF mini-figure for Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow. And a AF playset of the Defiant Space Complex.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

So far, GI Joe MMs are just rehashes of military MMs. I don't think I'd buy another Battle Squads line, but if Hasbro were to do an Action Fleet line based on the GI Joe:A Real American Hero line of vehicles... hoooooo daddy would I be there!!! I'd love to see stuff like the Killer Whale, SHARC, Rattler, Mamba, Snow Cat, Water Moccasin, Cobra Hydrofoil, Sky Hawk VTOL, Silver Mirage, Terror Drome w/ Firebat, Defiant Launch Complex, Night Raven, HAVOC, Cobra Wolf, Buzz Roar, X-19 Stealth Fighter, Mean Dog, Warthog, Skystorm X-wing Chopper, half of the Battleforce 2000 sets, Bugg, Stiletto, AGP, HISS and HISS II, Mudfighter, Raider, Crusader w/ Avenger, Cobra Condor, Thunderclap, Razorback, Hammer, Avalanche, Mobile Battle Bunker, Hurricane VTOL, Destro's Dominator, Cobra Dictator, Piranha, Rage, Ice Sabre, and uh... more, I guess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually, we worked on a line of Batman AF for Hasbro shortly after we did the REAL Episode II Action Fleet.

Also, in the Galoob days, there was going to be a Probe Droid AF Battle Pack. It was going to include its flight housing and a snow crater base and some figures. Unfortunately, it was cancelled, along with several original trilogy AF and MM items, when we moved into Episode I.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Tron AF. It would be far too obscure for the market, but I would love to see it nontheless. With Tron 2.0 out this year, perhaps a combined new and retro line would be cool. In case you were wondering, Neco holds the master toy license for everything that is Tron.

Batman Action Fleet ?!?! Sounds very good to me !

The Probe Droļd BP ? Cool.
    Glitch, was it the same Sondbot as the one that came with the Death Star playset ?
    What do you mean by "REAL" Action Fleet ?

Starship Troopers 2
    Filming starts in february 2003. (Could only be released on DVD, VHS and through the Web). I'm not sure it will be a good movie. I've enjoyed the first one. I hope it will not be as bad as "Nemesis"... A good occasion to play once more with the MM and AF ST stuff !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "SIGNS"...
    Last year I saw a Science-Fiction film and I must say it was the worst science-fiction movie I've ever seen in my life (and trust me I've seen lots of Z-movies.... ). Stupid philosophical matters, stupid religious matters, etc... Stupid humor, ugly FX, rehashed ideas... During the "terrific" scenes all the kids in the theater were laughing, saying to their father : "Dad, it's completely fu..ed up!"...
    The sad thing is, all the magazines reviews said it was a good movie.

Maybe the producer rubbed his bottom to the ground to make these "crop circles"...
    I do not have any other explanation.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.