Lightbulb Poster Figures, An UnLeashed Alternative

Dear Hasbro,

I don't have any hard figures or anything, but the response to the UnLeashed line appears to be lackluster at best. Though better than the past incarnations of "statues," the UnLeashed somehow didn't spark my interest the way I'd hoped.

I do appreciate the point of them though. By "unleashed," it is easy to see how you've captured the inner strengths and pent up desires of each character. Naturally, the males are full of disasterous fury while the females take no shame in displaying their passionate selves. From that aspect, you've captured the essence of all these characters quite well.

However, after some discussion and little nudges here and there, I'm thinking that a better idea would be to create a line of "statues" based upon the various poster art that we've seen for the past 25 years. I feel that this kind of product would be more recognizable to a wider consumer audience than the UnLeashed imaginations of the Hasbro design team.

In addition, the card backs could double as large puzzle pieces, that when put together with other cardbacks from the same group, a rendition of the original poster from whence they all sprang could be constructed and used as a backdrop for the complete set of figures (for that particular poster).

Thank you.

Original Art - Idea 1

With all of these individual figures collected in a set, the collector could create his own "3D" version of the poster at home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnetsstarwars.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	4813  

ESB - idea 2

Obviously a little artistic leeway would have to take place to achieve a complete action figure/statue, but you get the idea. For example, Han and Leia could be sculpted together to be locked in that embrace and sold as one item. The same with Luke/Tauntaun and R2/C3PO.

Name:	starwars-empirestrikeback-poster.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	4814  

ROTJ - idea 3

The classic image of Luke battling Vader atop the Cloud City lights would make an irresistable piece for anyones collection.

Name:	starwarsvi-poster1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	4815  

Phantom Menace - idea 4

They don't all have to be multi-figured. Even this simple image could make an interesting sculpture. Package the boy with the dome and a prepainted shadow...

Name:	tpm.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	4816  

Attack of the Clones - idea 5

I'm a little stumped on this one. The earlier posters had a better sense of that swashbuckling action about them. But that gorgeous image of Padme is a likeness that could be captured wonderfully in the larger "format" of statue, though I still look forward to the complete line of Padme's in the 4" line.

Name:	teaser_poster.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	4817  

I don't know, Padme is a little too curvy for my taste in that teaser poster. I also don't like the term "teaser" poster as I consider it a sexual term and not a very flattering one.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I would settle for Luke on Tauntaun, but the rest isn't very interesting. Maybe the TPM teaser poster but I doubt it would work well in toy form because it just couldn't have the same effect. Well, ok, bring on Wicket.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I prefer this version of the episode one teaser poster. It sums up thew whole attitude of the prequels for me. But personally I'd rather hasbro set up a seperate deartment to cater for the 'emerging teen market' and their 'needs' with statuary and left the regular tean to do what they do best which is to make toys. Seperating the statues from the toys might resolve a few problems with their toy line that lague it at present, pose issues and such like. If hasbro is intent on pursuing this avenue of statuary then they should make a go of it properly and not saddle the stuff onto the toys horse which is already over burdened.

Heh heh, Jargo's poster rules.

I would definitely like to see some of the more fantasy-driven artwork for the CT turned into toys of some kind, there have been a few classic poster images which have not directly been pulled from the films but still capture the essence of the films and could make for a very nice and special collectible. I don't love Hasbro's statue work mostly, what I'd like to see goes in the following order for this: highly-articulated preposed figures, standard- or substandard-articulated preposed figures, fruit-scented-preposed figures , specialized statues.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.