Compactflash cards-which is the BEST brand?

I just got a digital camera for Christmas and I need a Compactfash card for it (8 megs is too small!).

There are soooo many brands at all different prices to choose from. Which do you like the best?

Re: Compactflash cards-which is the BEST brand?

Originally posted by BoShek
    I just got a digital camera for Christmas and I need a Compactfash card for it (8 megs is too small!).

There are soooo many brands at all different prices to choose from. Which do you like the best?
    What kind did you get BoShek??? I have a Kodak DX3600 and if I take Low-es pics (which are still really excellent pics) I can get about 45 on 8MB.

I would suggest going with whatever brand your camera is. Like I will be getting a Kodak 64MB CompactFlash card hopefully soon. If you do not have a brand of card for your camera, Kodak is still really good and reliable.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Hey buddy!

I got a Canon PowerShot A40. The trouble is that I don't see any Canon compactflash from Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com nor Circuitcity.com.

I keep seeing Memorex, Scandisk and PNY at the last two, at Walmart.com they have Viking and Edge for REALLY cheap.

I don't care about the megs, I will probably get 64 or 128. It's just what brand. Like I said, Viking and Edge are really cheap but I don't know if they are worth it!

Sandisk is a good brand. Any brand will work in any platform, you dont necessarily have to buy the same kind that came with your camera.

I would go to crucial.com myself, & get it there as it is really cheap.

Crucial.com is even cheaper than Wal Mart!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.