Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Strange appearance of POTJ figures?

Recently, my TRU has been getting lots and lots of POTJ figures. So far I have seen R4-M9, BoShek, Teebo, Security Battle Droid, Ellors Madak, and the Blue Coruscant Royal Guard...guy. There were a ton of them, and they appeared at different times, as if TRU was actually recieving new shipments of figures. (Ex. R4, BoShek, and Teebo one week, Security Droid, BlueGuard, and Ellors Madak the next week.) It is quite awesome, actually. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It's damned cool!
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Yes, they certainly do bear a "strange appearance" since current figures are all loaded up with buttons, knobs, levers, pulleys, trolleys, gears, motors, winders, wheels, magnets, bezels, grommets, etc.

Oh, that's not what you're talking about.

Okay, seriously - yep I've seen the same: the BoShek, Teebo, and R4 wave is quite plentiful around here, vs. the few times I saw them during their actual release.

Really, I think it's bad for Hasbro to have all of these showing up - the POTJ figs are all hanging right next to the Saga figs, shaming them. It only serves to remind me of how silly much of the Saga line is by showing way better quality from just a year ago . . .

Save for a few notable exceptions, I really wish AOTC figures were made in the spirit of POTJ. Slap them on blue cards and I would be delighted !

One big thing about it is that POTJ figures are still a buck more. I'm sure it's just back stock from the stores, remember they had a bunch of stock stacking up for the April 23rd date, and then they kept getting in Saga stuff. Since we've hit a mild drought, they've had a chance to stock'em. Good thing too, only a case of the BoShek wave showed up in my area, and that was it for them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

They do put the Saga figures to shame, although yes, I do like the Saga line. Today I also saw a bunch of Bespin Guards at my TRU. The POTJ figures are all the same price as the Saga figures here. ($4.99). They also had all 3 of the Silver Anniversary 2-Packs there, but I passed on them.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

I really wish AOTC figures were made in the spirit of POTJ. Slap them on blue cards and I would be delighted.
    Looks like you will be getting your wish, somewhat.

Teebo, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, Eeth Koth and who knows what else will all be re-issued on the blue SAGA cards.

There isn't really an official AOTC line. Just SAGA figures from different movies.I still think that was a mistake, breaking with tradition.
    May the force be with you.

It's not Bo Shek and co. in my area, but more like IG-88's, Theed Amidala's and other earlier figures coming out of nowhere. Every time I visit my local stores, it's as if time is going backwards and earlier POJ figs pop up.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

That's ok, one of the Meijer's in my area had a bunch of Freeze Frame Leia (Endor Celebration) figures show up on their pegs?!?!?!?

I suspect someone returned them with a new reciept, and the manager or whoever just didn't know what they were returning.

Anyway, I will be keeping my eyes open. I am still looking for the final figure for my US carded POTJ collection.

Out of curiosity, which figure is that, sith killer?

Queen Amidala Theed Invasion

It's a long story, let's just say, I have 2 of these and neither is MOMC.

So technically, I have a complete set, but one is on a card that is soo bad I'd rate it a C-4 or less, and the bubble is...hazy?!?!?

I got it in a trade from a bad trader, I forget who now, it took the guy several weeks to get it to me. I sent his stuff out and he kept e-mailing me asking "what figures were we trading for again" then I get the thing and it looks like it's spent months on the clearance rack.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99

There isn't really an official AOTC line. Just SAGA figures from different movies.I still think that was a mistake, breaking with tradition.
    Yes, I totaly agree. I think we should have got a new line with a new card to go with it!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)