Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Attack Of The Clones: Signature Moment?

Most films have signature moments that are most remebered by people, for example:
    Titanic had the scene of the two lovers at the front of the boat "flying"
    Reserviour Dogs had the men walking down the street to "Little Green Bag"
    Jurrassic Park had "Welcome to Jurrassic Park"
    Forest Gump had "Mamma always said life was like a box of chocolates"

Even Star Wars had:
    "These aren't the droids you're looking for"
    "Luke, I am your father!"
    And a whole load of other famous scenes and sayings that have been spoofed and quoted for years.

So does Episode II have one?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

The Yoda/Dukoo dual
    "Dance your asteroids off..."

For me the signature moment in Reservoir Dogs is Mr. Blonde dancing to Gerry Rafferty's "Stuck in the Middle with You" :happy:

No, only memorable movies have memorable signature moments, AOTC isn't memorable.

And who remembers "these aren't the droids you're looking for"
    Most people just remember the "I am your father" bit.

And the signature moment for reservoir dogs them walking down the street, but everyone remembers Blonde dancing to steelers wheel.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Well, thanks to those "Yodaman" commercials, I think Yoda igniting his lightsaber will probably be the signature moment.

But I also agree with Wolfwood, there isn't too much that I consider memorable about AOTC. I bought the DVD on the day it was available, fell asleep the first two times I tried to watch it, watched it once all the way through after that. It sat on my shelf unopened for a few weeks, until I just gave it to my dad as a sort of used-Christmas-gift (along with Ep1).

Firstly I suppose that The cutting of the ear moment in Reserviour Dogs is a memorable moment, but I always think of the walking bit.

And I think I have to agree, the Yoda pulling back his cloak and pulling igniting his lightsaber without even touching it is the signature moment of the film.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

What about seeing all the millions of clones on Coruscant at the end of the movie. That is very memorable!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Exclamation Great topic!

I'd like to say the scene where Anakin tells Padme' about him killing the Tuskens, but that's just the most ominous one. I'd go with the wedding at the end, specifically Anakin taking Padme's hand with his cyborg hand.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

bigB, what's with your fluctuation in regards to Star Wars? Sometimes you seem completely in love with it, and then other times you seem really critical . . . I'm sure it's no coincidence that the tide rises and falls around the release of LOTR flicks.

Wolfy, I should have clarified by citing Steeler's Wheel and not just Rafferty.

Ahhh! Caesar discovered my secret!!!! I must fleeeeeee......

Yeah, there is a slight correlation between LOTR films and the times that I am most critical of Star Wars. Mainly because I am seeing in the LOTR films what I think I should have been seeing in the prequels from the beginning. Not hobbits or elves mind you, but the consistently high caliber performances, engaging plotlines and astounding visuals (although judging from your review of T2T, not everyone feels the same way). The prequels are sometimes a little too formulaic. Of course, all the Star Wars films are, but the formula is starting to wear a little thin, IMO. And I think I am probably the only Star Wars fan in existence who is really getting sick of lightsaber duels.