Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Re: Lucas to make the NEXT trilogy: 7, 8, & 9? (merged)

I agree. It became the story of Anakin. But I grew up with Star Wars. So I don't really remember Star Wars without Empire or Jedi. I saw Star Wars when I was four, Empire when I was four, and Jedi when I was seven. So I don't remember really thinking about Star Wars. I just liked them. As long as I have known Star Wars it has been either about Luke or about Anakin, depending on how you looked at it. But now with the prequels, it is clearly about Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    I agree. It became the story of Anakin. But I grew up with Star Wars. So I don't really remember Star Wars without Empire or Jedi. I saw Star Wars when I was four, Empire when I was four, and Jedi when I was seven. So I don't remember really thinking about Star Wars. I just liked them. As long as I have known Star Wars it has been either about Luke or about Anakin, depending on how you looked at it. But now with the prequels, it is clearly about Anakin.
    No, the Prequels are about Anakin. The unedited original films are about Star Wars. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    No, the Prequels are about Anakin. The unedited original films are about Star Wars. There's a difference.
    DAMN, I LOVE YOU!!!

and get out of my brain will you Well, no, you can stay.

I must confess, I couldn't be happier that I grew up with the original Star Wars movies and not the SE or the prequels...there's not even a smidgen of the magic in the aforementioned as there is with the original trilogy.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    I must confess, I couldn't be happier that I grew up with the original Star Wars movies and not the SE or the prequels...there's not even a smidgen of the magic in the aforementioned as there is with the original trilogy.
    I agree with you. If the PT were the movies I was given to represent SW when I was a kid, I would not be posting here, because I would never have cared enough to follow the series. Just be glad that he filmed the OT first, and when he did. Imagine what it would be like if he did them in order starting with TPM. Now shudder at your leisure.

I've posted this in various threads here, but before the PT, Lucas was always talking about how SW was the story of the droids, or the story of the rebellion as seen through the eyes of C-3PO and R2-D2, and that they were to have a bigger role, but he couldn't get ANH financed without the human characters being made the focus. The OT was also Lucas's homage to Flash Gordon. It wasn't until Joseph Campbell latched onto SW, that Lucas had his retroactive "vision" of the movies being all about myth, mysticism, and the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. I'm sure while he was writing ANH, he was planning on Jango Fett being the origin source of the stormtroopers which is why he added Boba Fett to the cast of TESB.

I can only imagine what his vision is for Eps 7-9. What's sad is this series of movies that we're all so gung-ho about has been so corrupted by the person who created them. There's definitel a lot more bashing of Lucas on here than hugging. You'd think it would be the opposite.

B'Omarr, I completely agree with you. If Lucas would have made the PT first, I dont think I would have the interest I do in the entire series. The OT had the whole magical, mythical experience to it. NOw, he is just corrupting the storyline it seems. I think if I saw him on the street, I might shake his hand and thank him for the original trilogy(only in its original version, not this SE crap), then kick him in the shin and say "Thats for f'ing it up"
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I think if I saw him on the street, I might shake his hand and thank him for the original trilogy(only in its original version, not this SE crap), then kick him in the shin and say "Thats for f'ing it up"
    Now, that I would like to see. Especially the SE edition.

In the SE version, Lucas kicks first. . . but somehow inexplicably misses.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

DAMN, I LOVE YOU!!!

and get out of my brain will you Well, no, you can stay.
    (echo) I kind of like it in here ...here....here....here....

Yeah, I actually feel a little sorry for the little tikes who were born too late to experience the original films in their original context. Just looking at them again, they might seem a little passe to the younger generations. I mean, we never had anything at all like this before Star Wars came along. The closest it got was Logan's Run ("It's clear!") and Buck Rogers (beede beede...what's up...Buck?). Today's kids have already seen Alien(s), Independence Day, Predator, and a host of other slick action romps that built on what Star Wars established. I'm sure that watching R2 wander aimlessly into the distance on Tatooine comes off as a complete snore for them, especially after being treated to NASCAR in the same desert (TPM).

Oh well. What the hell do I know, besides that GL is up there basking in greenbacks and Playmates while the rest of us (I presume) are working for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Oh well. What the hell do I know, besides that GL is up there basking in greenbacks and Playmates while the rest of us (I presume) are working for a living?
    No. We're all basking in greenbacks and Playmates. You're on your own with teh work thing.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    No. We're all basking in greenbacks and Playmates. You're on your own with teh work thing.

Wha! Huh!

Bu...but...but...

(click)

BLAM!