Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Lightbulb

It would be cool to see a series that takes place before Episode I and I mean way before Episode I.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

so you would want a pre-equal to that pre-equal? co jo-da
    that would be interesting to see

Originally posted by bigbarada
    But what happens after GL dies? Do his kids get the rights to Star Wars? So when George has been planted for a few years, what's to stop one of them from deciding to cash in?
    I understand that he has certain legal clauses in his will that keep ANYBODY from infringing upon the saga.

I know I've said this before, but personally, I'd like to see a sequel trilogy about Leia. The prequels are the "Anakin" trilogy, the classic trilogy is the "Luke" trilogy, so I'd like to see one about Leia. If Lucas had started this back in '97, he could have still used the same actors, but I think it'd be pushing it to start here. My idea was that Leia could be an important New Republic ambassador and her Force powers begin really growing, but since Luke has become very reclusive with his Jedi trainees, Luke has cut himself off from Leia and Han, and Leia begins growing powerful with the dark side. Thus, Han would have to make the effort to seek Luke out, and they'd have to work together to save Leia from destroying herself, the new republic, and the galaxy WITHOUT killing her. I picture Leia first showing her dark tendencies during an ambassadorial mission which turns out to be an ambush, and Leia simply cuts the enemy forces down with her dark powers (and a handy purple lightsaber ).

But alas, no 3rd trilogy for us.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

oh, well...wishfull thinking i guess. but they leia trilogy would be a great idea!

The fact that Lucasfilm has given authors free reign to expand the stories of the main characters immediately following the events of ROTJ, and (at least until the release of TPM), strictly regulated the publication of ANY fiction relating to the prequel era should be an indication that Lucas has no desire to make the final trilogy. He has said many times that the arc of the cinematic story centers around Anakin Skywalker, and he only needs six films to tell it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I know I've said this before, but personally, I'd like to see a sequel trilogy about Leia. The prequels are the "Anakin" trilogy, the classic trilogy is the "Luke" trilogy, so I'd like to see one about Leia. If Lucas had started this back in '97, he could have still used the same actors, but I think it'd be pushing it to start here. My idea was that Leia could be an important New Republic ambassador and her Force powers begin really growing, but since Luke has become very reclusive with his Jedi trainees, Luke has cut himself off from Leia and Han, and Leia begins growing powerful with the dark side. Thus, Han would have to make the effort to seek Luke out, and they'd have to work together to save Leia from destroying herself, the new republic, and the galaxy WITHOUT killing her. I picture Leia first showing her dark tendencies during an ambassadorial mission which turns out to be an ambush, and Leia simply cuts the enemy forces down with her dark powers (and a handy purple lightsaber ).

But alas, no 3rd trilogy for us.
    That's actually a pretty cool idea.

YEAH but I hate READING...LOL
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Talking Not Movies...But Television...

Rogue Squadron: The TV Series. Follows the exploits of Wedge Antilles and his crew. Based on the hit series of books, comics, and video games.

Jedi Academy: The TV Series. Follows an aging Luke Skywalker training a new batch of Jedi. Starring Mark Hamill. Does for Star Wars what Smallville does for Superman.

Qui-Gon: The TV series. Follows a young Qui-Gon Jinn during or immediately after his padawan training. Co-starring Plo Koon and the bringer of Sass to the Force. It'd be super cool to see the HyperSpace Wars.

Han Solo: The Early Years: the TV Series. Han and Chewie flying around the galaxy gettin' into trouble before they joined the rebellion.

The Jar Jar Binks Show. Half hour comedy about the clumsy gungan. See him crash the Boss's heyblibber! Wackiness ensues but gets resolved in 22 minutes. Gets cancelled after first episode.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    But I think, after awhile, George'll let his hair down and let others play with his toys. Give it another 15-20 years. That's a HUGE cash cow to be turning down...
    But he has let others play with his toys! That is why we get things like uninspired comics and poorly written novels that fail to capture the spirit of the films and their characters, and a glut of expanded universe product. I think there is something to be said for keeping a tight grip on your property and vision, though the vision does seem a bit blurred these days.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Re: Not Movies...But Television...

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    The Jar Jar Binks Show. Half hour comedy about the clumsy gungan. See him crash the Boss's heyblibber! Wackiness ensues but gets resolved in 22 minutes. Gets cancelled after first episode.
    I actually thought a Jar Jar cartoon would've already come out by now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.