Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

will lucas make the NEXT 3??

i didn't know where to put this so i put it here...the next 3 would be really cool...(7,8 and 9)
    thoughts?

GL has said that this is it, six movies is all he has in him. However he said pretty much the same thing after ROTJ so who really knows. Maybe ten years or so after Ep3 he might get the Star Wars Itch again.

But then again, what's to stop one of his kids from continuing the saga after his death?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

He will not make the last. He said that he could tell the story he wanted in 6 movies.

Registered
    Originally posted by master jedi
    He will not make the last. He said that he could tell the story he wanted in 6 movies.
    Star Wars is about the rise, fall and redeemtion of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Co Jo-Da View Post
    Star Wars is about the rise, fall and redeemtion of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.
    Well, it's been more than two decades since Lucas started making this claim, but I think it's safe for all of us to assume that this was NEVER true.

The Prequels might have been about the fall of Anakin Skywalker, but the OT was very clearly Luke's story. The redemption of Darth Vader might have been one of the plot threads of the OT (only added to the saga after ANH and ESB were released), but it was never the over-arching theme of the trilogy. All of Lucas' claims to the contrary were just lies that he was spinning to hype the Prequels.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Here's an old TV documentary segment for ROTJ, narrated by Leonard Nimoy(!), from 1983. It's about 7-8 minutes long and mostly focuses on the creature effects from Jabba's Palace. Anyways, at the end, Nimoy very clearly states that the Original Trilogy is just the middle trilogy of three different trilogies:

https://youtu.be/lr8s-CDOSMI

So, the idea of Ep7-9 was common knowledge even back then, it was just forgotten by the early 1990s. All the kids who grew up on the Prequel trilogy fell for Lucas' claim that Star Wars was "always intended to be" the story of Anakin Skywalker, not knowing until recently that George Lucas changes his mind more often as he changes his flannel shirt.

Also, by 1983, the idea of four trilogies had already been abandoned. Shortly after ESB was released, in 1980, Lucas claimed that we should expect 12 Star Wars movies: the original trilogy, a prequel trilogy, a sequel trilogy and a concurrent trilogy that ran alongside the OT and centered on the capture of the Death Star plans (obviously material that Rogue One is covering now - unless Lucas meant the ROTJ Death Star plans).

There will only be 6 movies as Lucas signed something(?) stating that once the movies are done, they are DONE!!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Great. So we'll have to wait until 2076 for the next Star Wars films? I'll be 102, darnit. of course, with todays modern medical miracles, maybe I'll be around after all!

But I think, after awhile, George'll let his hair down and let others play with his toys. Give it another 15-20 years. That's a HUGE cash cow to be turning down...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

But what happens after GL dies? Do his kids get the rights to Star Wars? So when George has been planted for a few years, what's to stop one of them from deciding to cash in?

Originally posted by Co Jo-Da

Yeah, so there wouldn't be any need for episodes 7-9.