Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: The Hobbit

Hobbit 2: The Orcs Strike Back was an incredibly entertaining film. Jackson pummels the viewer with action sequence after action sequence. I look forward to watching it again, but in HFR. I saw it in regular 3D.

Also, during the Thanksgiving break, I watched the extended edition of the first Hobbit, along with a marathon of the special features - I was very happy with how both turned out.

I enjoyed it a lot and I definitely want to see it again as soon as possible. I've actually wanted to see a cliffhanger ending like that at the theater for years now, but no filmmaker has ever really had the guts to just stop a movie right in the middle of the main action sequence. It'll be interesting to see how that plays with audiences around the world.

I was kind of worried about them shoehorning Legolas into the movie, since he never appeared in the book, but they did a good job by regressing his character in a believable way. His prejudice against dwarves made perfect sense in the context of how we were introduced to him in FOTR.

Also, Evangeline Lilly makes a perfect elf. I'd say she even fits the role of an elf better than Liv Tyler.

Since we're re-naming it, I too saw The Hobbit: Almost Like the Avengers. Liked it immensely, even cheering or chuckling aloud a couple times. Best scenes: dwarfs down the river, Gandalf's bubble defense, any running through Laketown. Loved how it ended, too (my audience groaned and cheered at the same time).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Since we're re-naming it, I too saw The Hobbit: Almost Like the Avengers. Liked it immensely, even cheering or chuckling aloud a couple times. Best scenes: dwarfs down the river, Gandalf's bubble defense, any running through Laketown. Loved how it ended, too (my audience groaned and cheered at the same time).
    Kind of a similar reaction by the audience when I saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it. Now to pick up where I left off in re-reading the book to see the differences from the movie.

I saw part of the first movie on HBO while at my family's home this weekend. My sister and I ended up making fun of the way they pronounce "Smaug," but otherwise it was a lot of sitting around reading contracts and singing about washing dishes. I liked LOTR and I do still want to see it, and it sounds like the second one is much better as an actual movie, but I still can't get over how much it feels like doing homework.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram