Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muppets

Muppets

No thread yet?

The advance info looks pretty promising. I see a lot of throwbacks to the edgy humor of the old show and the original movies, and hopefully the rest of the movie lives up to this. I'll cross my fingers (but not hold my breath) that Disney and CTW worked out some sort of deal to throw in a Sesame Street cameo of some sort.

In the meantime, enjoy this gem. And (especially for JT) poke around look at the other Muppets shorts posted over the past few years, if you haven't already.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've always liked the Muppets films, and have seen a few in theaters. There's a good chance I'll catch this'n once it comes out.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I saw it yesterday, and it was excellent; truly one of those good-for-all-ages movies. It was sappy on purpose at times, nostalgic at times, over-the-top silly at times, timely or cheesily [sp?] outdated at times, subtlely funny at times. A good time was had by all. The songs were pretty good, too (so much so that I went out to buy the soundtrack on my way home).

I also saw it yeterday but not with B-CJ. I loved it and I think B-CJ's review is spot on.

Thumbs up

I'm glad that it is old fashioned. I enjoyed it for that. The Muppets do NOT work when they are trying to be too contemporary or edgy. This is exactly how the Muppets should be and I'm sad taht Frank Oz went on record to say that he cannot support this film as these are not the real Muppets. 'Cos, like... Muppets from Space, which was his film, was so good? No, it was possibly the worst of all the Muppet films made.

I really loved this movie. The audience laughed, cried and quietly sang "The Rainbow Connection" when it came up in the film. Job well done!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I also saw it yeterday but not with B-CJ. I loved it and I think B-CJ's review is spot on.
    But I saw other people in the theater, including men. And you are a man, not a muppet, right JJB?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    But I saw other people in the theater, including men. And you are a man, not a muppet, right JJB?
    Yup...or at least last time I checked I was.

I would like to add something to my thoughts on the movie, my 2 real issues both involving my favorite Muppets: 1) Rizzo the Ratt is barely in the flick and he has no lines and 2) Pepe the King Prawn is also hardly in the flick although he has two lines. What? You don't think Pepe is good? Watch this then! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJMr5B4rYLM

Who was that giant blue Muppet? I don't recall him from the original, nor the re-launch TV show, nor any movies. Swedish Chef got quite a bit of screen time.

I've not seen the film yet - it doesn't open in the UK until next February but I've been following it on Facebook, and noticed this. Could you mean Thog?
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.