Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

Originally posted by ConvergeDW
    How on earth did Titanic make 1.8 billion dollars?
    Same reason TTT might......it was released in the winter months ( a slow time for hollywood, filled exclusively with crap) and had no big budget competition.

Still, it's doubtful that TTT will crack a billion worldwide.

Originally posted by ConvergeDW
    How on earth did Titanic make 1.8 billion dollars?
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of 8-18 year old girls who have a crush collectively on a young male star. That is why New Kids on the Block eclipsed Beatles record sales, and why Titanic was what it was. Its crossover appeal helped too, because the 1.5 hours of schlock was followed by 1.5 hours of the greatest disaster flick ever which brought the likes of me in to see it.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

This was in my recent issue of Request magazine. Apperantly, if New Line decides to do "The Hobbit", Peter Jackson would find it hard to not offer himself to direct.

Director Peter Jackson Looks To Break The Hobbit

Peter Jackson may have delivered another stunning masterpiece wih The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, but the New Zealand director's not necessarily going to make hobbits a habit. Asked whether he's intrested in adapting The Hobbit after the final film in his Lord of the Rings trilogy is released in December, Jackson insisted that he and New Line Cinema have not discussed the possibility. "I don't know if I'd do it." Jackson says, "but I'd feel sort of weird not doing it if they decide to make it." Hear that, New Line?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I would love to see it, but give it a few years.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
    I guess theres some stuff they could leave out or speed up, like the months that they are in Lake Town, they could speed up the begining a bit, and they could leave out them journying from Lake town to the Lonley mountian.
    They'd definatleyt cut out all of the songs. Which would be a shame, but who wants to hear Ian Holm sing?
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

I read that Ian McKellan said he would love to do it as a year long television series (mini series?) with PJ executive producing.

I think that would be sweet!

Yeah that would be great . I hope something is done to transfer the Hobbit to TV/Cinema.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

that would definitly by nice, I finished The Hobbit some weeks ago and the book is great, I'd also love to see the scene with the giant spiders if they made a movie
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

OK, I haven't read the hobbit in ages, so someone refresh my memory...

Does Aragorn appear in the book? My gut says no, as I don;t even think he was born when Bilbo got hold of the ring.....but...it's all fuzzy.

According to the apendices in LOTR, Aragorn is well over a hundred by the time the Fellowship is formed (something about humans back then...they lived longer, the blood of Numenore and all that) so he alive when Bilbo fought Smaug, etc, but he wasn't in the book.