Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

Bummer! Who else could possibly do the "Hobbit" justice? They gonna call in Tim Burton to save the day? This is unnaceptable. They need to patch things up right now! Any loss of monies and pride will surely be remedied by the amount of more cash they will make by having PJ at the helm. Why ruin this historic opportunity? I'm seriously doubtful this new course will be as succesful. Surely they can see that

fine with me, I'm burned out on all these epic fantasy movies that have been coming out.

Did anyone else here catch the news last week that MGM is planning on withdrawing from the deal (and I'm assuming taking back their control of the Hobbit film rights) if Peter Jackson isn't involved? I'll try posting a link tomorrow, but it seems as though MGM refuses to go ahead with production without Peter Jackson. It seems like New Line has tried using this as leverage against PJ in his lawsuit, and with MGM involved it's actually backfiring on them. I'm betting it takes a couple extra years, but all of this trouble will get smoothed over and we will eventually see Peter Jackson's The Hobbit. I could even see New Line losing out on the deal, with PJ eventually doing the film for MGM.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Did anyone else here catch the news last week that MGM is planning on withdrawing from the deal (and I'm assuming taking back their control of the Hobbit film rights) if Peter Jackson isn't involved?
    I can't have just read that correctly. I realize it's unconfirmed, but it almost looks like a movie studio is showing a modicum of intelligence about their product. That's just radical thinking if true.

Edit: Oh, I see. This is post number 666 for me, so intelligence in movie studios could signify the end of the world.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

That is good news if true. A smart thing to do on MGM's part. I'm sure there are alot of people upset by these events. Hopefully it can be smoothed over by the time the Hobbit gets made. I agree but really don't care at all about the glut of epic fantasies that are being made, as I haven't even bothered and don't plan to see any of them since Return of the King. As far as I'm concerned LOTR and the Hobbit are the original, and the rest are wannabee's. Alot of us were influenced by the Tolkien books way before the movies. Peter Jackson is so important as the director to being faithful to the story as he has already proven.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Did anyone else here catch the news last week that MGM is planning on withdrawing from the deal (and I'm assuming taking back their control of the Hobbit film rights) if Peter Jackson isn't involved? I'll try posting a link tomorrow, but it seems as though MGM refuses to go ahead with production without Peter Jackson. It seems like New Line has tried using this as leverage against PJ in his lawsuit, and with MGM involved it's actually backfiring on them. I'm betting it takes a couple extra years, but all of this trouble will get smoothed over and we will eventually see Peter Jackson's The Hobbit. I could even see New Line losing out on the deal, with PJ eventually doing the film for MGM.
    ...and here it goes:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/c...entryid=381433

and now the Sun is reporting that PJ is in fact DIRECTING The Hobbit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...550342,00.html

Take this with a grain of salt. I'll believe it when PJ SAYS he's directing the film. still, gives me hope, Tycho style "false" hope.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

The fact that it's the sun reporting makes it suspect to begin with.

Peter Jackson banned from making "The Hobbit" prequel?

According to an article I found on Yahoo, it seems that there is some dispute between Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema over LOTR profits, so he might not be allowed to be involved in the movie adaption of The Hobbit.

Here's the article with the full story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2007...a_17681258dea9

I'm not sure if I like the idea of them making The Hobbit without Jackson.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Merging this with "The Hobbit" thread.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"