Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Given Jackson's horsepower since LOTR, I think he will be a lot more hands-on in the process and have the ultimate say in the success of final product. I think his clout behind the scenes will be substantial.

If he's going to have his name on the product, I think he'll be mindful of the result and not let us (fans) down.

¡No te preocupes! (That's Elvish for "Don't worry!")
    Really? That looks an awful lot like spanish! But I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I've heard that Guillermo Del Toro is supposedly directing, though I cannot seem to find reliable confirmation of that anywhere. If true, I'd say that's pretty awesome!
    I'd say that'd be the best news ever. What's odd is that last night in my blog about the film, he was on a short list of people who could direct it; the other being Alfonso Cuaron and sam raimi, as he's expressed interest in the hobbit film. He needs to be kept on a short leash after the debacle of Spider-Man 3 though.

If Del Toro gets it, all my fears will be gone.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I wish they could somehow convince Sean Connery to come out of retirement and play Thorin Oakenshield. He'd make for a very convincing hoary old Dwarven king-in-exile.

What about Tommy Lee Jones as Oaken?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    What about Tommy Lee Jones as Oaken?
    I don't know...I think I'd have a bit of a problem with dwarf lords with down home southern drawls.

How about we get some real dwarfs this time? Actually, I guess real dwarfs are probably more hobbit sized, while the dwarves of Middle Earth are a bit taller.

Brian Blesed as a Dwarf. If they could slip him a little valium so he's not so loud. He even comes with his own beard. Robbie Coltrane, won't wear prosthetics but is already fat enough and scottish so no need for a fake accent or padding. John Goodman and George Wendt could probably manage it with voice coaching. They'll need an international cast to sell this thing. They should hire someone with an eastern european accent to voice Smaug. deep thick and treacley.
    as for Bilbo, with CGI they can have anyone play the part and just have Ian Holm provide dialogue. slap a CGI mask of ian Holm's face over the other guy and poor old Ian wouldn't have to do any action stuff. Or suffer the feet.
    As for who directs it doesn't really matter. Jackson is producing and will have a say in the creative process during pre-production and ongoing through the shoot. He's got half of middle earth in storage at Weta so if they use any of that armour and weaponary then they'll have access to the Warg props and the Bag End stuff. providing at least some continuity.
    the big question for me is who's writing the script? And will Howard Shore be doing the score?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I don't think Ian Holm could pull off a younger Bilbo.
    If you remember at the beginning of FOTR, when Gandalf saw Bilbo again for the first time, he commented that Bilbo "Hadn't aged a day" since they last met. So the Bilbo in The Hobbit, should look the same as the Bilbo at the beginning of FOTR.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

McKellen will probably play Gandalf. The Wizard is already old in the story. A little less salt in the hair and some make-up, He's good to go.
    We know Sirkis will play Gollum again.

As for who's writing it, or when it gets written, I read that is on hold because of the strike. I'm sure they'll get someone good eventually if they don't already have someone lined up unofficially, ready to work on it as soon as the strike ends.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    McKellen will probably play Gandalf. The Wizard is already old in the story. A little less salt in the hair and some make-up, He's good to go.
    We know Sirkis will play Gollum again.

As for who's writing it, or when it gets written, I read that is on hold because of the strike. I'm sure they'll get someone good eventually if they don't already have someone lined up unofficially, ready to work on it as soon as the strike ends.
    Are Fran Walsh and Phillipa Boyen on strike? Or do they just not want to write it?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Don't know, but there isn't a script written for it, and the producer(s) can't even approach any writers to start on it yet till the strike is over. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...=Entertainment

Maybe if they went the George Lucas way and got non-union people to work on it.
    Most of us know how George got sued by the Writers Guild for something like putting the credits at the end of his OTC movies instead of at the beginning.

He filmed the last two SW films in Australia I do believe so he could use non union people ( maybe most but not all non-union?)
    I remember reading how Gary Oldman was approached to do General Grievous' voice but turned it down because he didn't want to go against the Screen Actors Guild.
    (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this )
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"