Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

Why not just get Ian Holm to do it?!?! That would it would flow with the scenes from the FOTR!! Unless I would have to buy a recut version of the EE. dammit.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Why not just get Ian Holm to do it?!?! That would it would flow with the scenes from the FOTR!! Unless I would have to buy a recut version of the EE. dammit.
    He's 77... too old to play a middle-aged hobbit.

Del Toro has left "The Hobbit."

http://io9.com/5551446/the-hobbit-lo...lermo-del-toro

Looks like the spat between MGM and New Line has delayed things for too long; they need to work this out ASAP. I want this movie, dammit!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Looks like the spat between MGM and New Line has delayed things for too long; they need to work this out ASAP. I want this movie, dammit!
    Looks like Power Rangers has, at least in part, put this movie in even further danger of not being made. A good deal of the New Zealand production workers, such as costume designers, set painters, etc. are moving from Wellington to Auckland to work on Power Rangers at less pay due to the continuity/stability of being offered 3 year contracts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grn Rngr 2.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	23271  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I think I read online that Peter Jackson is in EARLY negotiations, now, to direct himself.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

At this point, it's the only way the movie will get made. Would be better if he just did it himself. Jackson needs another hit anyway.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

It appears that John Rhys Davies will not be playing Gloin.

Everyone out of the pool. Even though he was offered the role and declined it, I will, for reasons illogical, blame Peter Jackson and refuse to see this movie until he sends me a coupone for half off a Snickers bar to make up for this.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It appears that John Rhys Davies will not be playing Gloin.

Everyone out of the pool. Even though he was offered the role and declined it, I will, for reasons illogical, blame Peter Jackson and refuse to see this movie until he sends me a coupone for half off a Snickers bar to make up for this.
    Huh? Why do Gimli and Gloin have to be played by the same guy?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Huh? Why do Gimli and Gloin have to be played by the same guy?
    Perhaps it's not so much that it is the same guy, but that the movie would be better with him in it. It's Sallah for cryin' out loud!

IIRC, Gloin was played by Davies in a brief cameo somewhere in Fellowship of the Ring.
    Tommy, close your eyes.