Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

Hobbit to be filmed in New Zealand after all

I guess PJ and NZ worked it out. That's cool: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...rike-deal.html

As long as the look of Hobbiton stays consistent within all the movies, then I could care less where they film it. It's been over a decade since I've read The Hobbit, but if I remember correctly that's the only major shared location between that book and LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    As long as the look of Hobbiton stays consistent within all the movies, then I could care less where they film it. It's been over a decade since I've read The Hobbit, but if I remember correctly that's the only major shared location between that book and LOTR.
    I believe they stopped in Rivendell. That would be another shared location.

I was watching PBS's Masterpiece Mysteries "Sherlock" a new series with the hero and his sidekick in modern days. Actually pretty good.
    Anyways Martin Freeman is John Watson (Dr. Watson)

He is definitely not as fresh faced young as Elijah Wood's Frodo, but middle aged like I believe Bilbo Baggins was. (it's been a while since I read the Hobbit)

I can see why Peter Jackson picked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I believe they stopped in Rivendell. That would be another shared location.
    And the spot near the Trollshaws where the Fellowship see's Bilbo's Trolls....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Galadriel and Legolas in The Hobbit

Apparently Jackson is sliding these two into the movie. I've got no problem with it. I'm sure if Tolkien had written The Hobbit after The Lord of the Rings, he probably would have put some LotR characters into the Hobbit too. I'd be really surprised if a lot of characters from the trilogy don't at least cameo or if some of the actors aren't involved in other ways, maybe playing other characters.

There's just no way Jackson isn't going to make significant changes to The Hobbit. It was straight up written as a children's story! I not only expect them but embrace them.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Well, Legolas is immortal, and I believe he's in Mirkwood, where there are a lot of elves seen, but never named. I half expected one of them to be retconned to be Legolas.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thranduil, the king of the Mirkwood Elves is Legolas' father, so it would seem weirder for him not to be there than to be there as far as I'm concerned.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

THe Hobbit makes mention of several unnamed 'Princes of Mirkwood.' It's not much of a stretch to think Legolas may have been one of those present.

It'll be interesting to see the elves of Mirkwood. They were kinda mean to the Hobbit and Dwarves. Agreed that's probably where we'll see Legolas.

I wonder where Cate Blanchett as Galadriel fits in? She's reprising her role too. I don't remember her in the Hobbit. Maybe the second half of the two part series?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"