Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: The Hobbit

Hobbit 2: The Orcs Strike Back was an incredibly entertaining film. Jackson pummels the viewer with action sequence after action sequence. I look forward to watching it again, but in HFR. I saw it in regular 3D.

Also, during the Thanksgiving break, I watched the extended edition of the first Hobbit, along with a marathon of the special features - I was very happy with how both turned out.

I enjoyed it a lot and I definitely want to see it again as soon as possible. I've actually wanted to see a cliffhanger ending like that at the theater for years now, but no filmmaker has ever really had the guts to just stop a movie right in the middle of the main action sequence. It'll be interesting to see how that plays with audiences around the world.

I was kind of worried about them shoehorning Legolas into the movie, since he never appeared in the book, but they did a good job by regressing his character in a believable way. His prejudice against dwarves made perfect sense in the context of how we were introduced to him in FOTR.

Also, Evangeline Lilly makes a perfect elf. I'd say she even fits the role of an elf better than Liv Tyler.

Since we're re-naming it, I too saw The Hobbit: Almost Like the Avengers. Liked it immensely, even cheering or chuckling aloud a couple times. Best scenes: dwarfs down the river, Gandalf's bubble defense, any running through Laketown. Loved how it ended, too (my audience groaned and cheered at the same time).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Since we're re-naming it, I too saw The Hobbit: Almost Like the Avengers. Liked it immensely, even cheering or chuckling aloud a couple times. Best scenes: dwarfs down the river, Gandalf's bubble defense, any running through Laketown. Loved how it ended, too (my audience groaned and cheered at the same time).
    Kind of a similar reaction by the audience when I saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it. Now to pick up where I left off in re-reading the book to see the differences from the movie.

I saw part of the first movie on HBO while at my family's home this weekend. My sister and I ended up making fun of the way they pronounce "Smaug," but otherwise it was a lot of sitting around reading contracts and singing about washing dishes. I liked LOTR and I do still want to see it, and it sounds like the second one is much better as an actual movie, but I still can't get over how much it feels like doing homework.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram