Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mynock Hunt Chewy, why Hasbro why??

Why is Hasbro doing Mynock Hunt Chewy? I can think of 100 better figures to be made. Beside they will probably use the same Chewy from the 3 pack. Why Hasbro why??? If it's because they think many collectors didn't get the Mynock set, well they maybe right, but lets make some figures that have never seen the light of day, or some like Zuckuss and Bossk, that only have one likeness.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Why you ask? Because Chewbacca is a popular charecter that sells well. And unlike some of the other charecters has only been done decently a few times. Since Hasbro has already stated that they planned over time to correct some of the scale issues from the POTF2 line, I rather doubt they are going to reuse the Mynock Hunt Chewie from the Cinema Scene Set.

Frankly I was more hoping for a Hoth Chewie to go with the new Hoth Han, when a new Chewie was announced for next year. As that one is more visually different then the Mynock Hunt one and also not correctly scaled. But with atleast another 6 years or so left of the current Star Wars contract, I'm sure we'll get one sometime.

There is rumors of a 7 figure Screen Scene, that would be Vader with the Bounty Hunters on the bridge of the Star Destroyer from ESB. It hasn't been confirmed of course, but anything is possible for next year. Just remember that if you don't like somthing Hasbro does, that you don't have to buy it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Buying it or not isn't the point. I'm saying, I'd like to see some new figures that haven't been done yet, or rehashes of figures that need to be redone. We have many correct Chewys, so there is no need for another. Remember one thing, jarjar this is my opinion and yours isn't craved in stone like you think it is. It doesn't always have to be so serious in here.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 01-01-2003 at 02:00 PM.
    (Like my posts)

Eh, good question. I like Chewie, but i'll have to look at this figure first. If he looks better than the POTF2 figure, i'll pick him up. However, i do hope that they do more figures that we haven't seen before. I'm assuming that during this down time between films we'll see lots of figures, new and rehashes.

As for a rumored ESB bridge scene, i would give my right......well, maybe my left leg for one of those, if done correctly!!! Knowing hableh, they'll prolly just put old POTF2 figures in there with a crappy background. But hey, we can hope!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Chewie's only been done right 3 or 4 times. So a couple more that make up for the height problems of POTF2 over the next few years is fine with me. Properly scaled Hoth Chewbacca, Detention Block Chewbacca, and Chewbacca: Boushh's Bounty need to get a make over. No rush though.

Most of the figures next year are new ones, though there are a few re-sculpts of popular main charecters and better versions of E2 charecters tossed in. Just look at the lists. Han: Hoth, Luke: Jedi, Vader: Removable Helmet, Snowtrooper, and Chewbacca: Mynock Hunt are all figures that make up for bad or inaccurate figures from the past.

Jango they can lay off of though, unless they want to do his Kamino Apartmant Jammies. Although the Jango in the Kamino Battle Screen Scene could be good. As long as he has his climbing claws extended. Same with Maul, unless they want to finally do a decent Holographic Maul.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm glad they are doing the Mynock Hunt Chewbacca. I missed out on the POTF2 Cinema Scene and the masks in the Hoth Accessory pack don't fit Chewbacca very well.

Hopefully, he will come with the mynock.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

So as a collector you would rather have a rehash than a new figure never done before? Hasbro will love you for that.
    (Like my posts)

i doubt they'll just put out that chewie again, they seem to be over the buff era of figs.
    hopefully it will be as good as bespin chewie. if its not i won't buy it.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I like to see a Hoth Chewie, with snow on his fur. That would look cool. I'll wait and see what this Chewie is like.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Originally posted by turbowars
    So as a collector you would rather have a rehash than a new figure never done before? Hasbro will love you for that.
    Yes, I do want new characters, even if they are just re-paints or new head sculpts.

But at the same time, I don't mind the rehashed/resculpted figures as long as they are superior to the previous version. I'm sure you have noticed that Hasbro usually puts out 1 or 2 of the classic trilogy main characters every year (Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Chewie, R2, 3PO). Not everyone has been collecting since '95, so it gives them a chance to catch up. Same goes for re-releasing figures, if they did it right the first time, no need to resculpt (Teebo, Imperial Officer, Rebel Fleet Trooper, etc.). If Hasbro was to use the same POTF2 Zuckuss, and POTJ IG-88 for the rumored Bounty Hunter's package, I wouldn't mind since he is a decent figure, but some of the others should be resculpted.

There are a lot of those POTF2 figures worthy of a resculpt...like R5-D4.

It seems like they have been averaging 2 Chewies a year in the past. So, if Mynock Hunt Chewbacca is the only Chewbacca for 2003, that's fine with me.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".