Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is Crispin Glover so weird?

why didn't Spielberg lock him up early for the BTTF sequels thus leading to that forgettable replacement and the lawsuit with Spielberg?

why did Crispin not want to go through with the sequels, yet this year he's showing up again in the new Charlie's Angels flick?

why was he so funny in the fourth Friday the 13th movie? (can't go into details on this site but he is just hilarious in that movie, check it out )

why is his hair so long and crazy in this pic ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crazycrispin.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	4830  

Talking re: Why is Crispin Glover so weird?

"sthtorieeeesssth. . . sthciencthe ficthtion sthtorieeeesssth" -cg, BTTF1

why didn't Spielberg lock him up early for the BTTF sequels thus leading to that forgettable replacement and the lawsuit with Spielberg?
    they didn't plan on making a sequal until the original became a big hit. what's the story on the lawsuit?

why did Crispin not want to go through with the sequels, yet this year he's showing up again in the new Charlie's Angels flick?
    my guess is that his career hasn't turned out as well as he thought, and he's now just glad to be working.

can't help ya with the other two, but does anyone know why they used two different jennifer parkers in the films? the first one seems to have left showbusiness shortly after BTTF was released, but no one knows why. even the audio commentaries went into depth about glover, but didn't mention why the first jennifer left.

The loss of Glover is why I do not care for the other 2 films. 3 might have been okay if Seamus McFly had been played by Glover and the part had been expanded.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

derek, I just learned of the lawsuit myself . . . apparently Spielberg and others never got Glover's permission to splice in footage of him from the first film with new shots of the pseudo-George.

See, I assumed the sequels were only done because of the huge success of the first, but with that open ending I'd think it would be prudent to lock them up for potential sequels. Then again, Spielberg doesn't seem to be that fond of sequels (Jaws ).

but with that open ending I'd think it would be prudent to lock them up for potential sequels
    are you talking about the ending where doc takes marty and jennifer to the future? bob gale, the co-writer, said the end of BTTF 1 was a joke. if they had planned on doing sequals, they wouldn't of put jennifer in the car because it presented too many problems. in the audio commentaries, they said the idea of a sequal only came up after the original was successful.

crispin glover, bob gale said, made many unreasonable demands to be in the sequals. he wanted more money and perks than michael fox was getting. i think with the charlies angels films, he now understands his place in the industry.

so, was that lawsuit recently filed, or was this from a while back?

on another related note, i had known that eric stoltz was originally cast to play marty, but i didn't know that c. thomas howle was their choice to play marty(after fox) before the studio insisted on stoltz.

Yeah, Crispin wanted even more perks to come back for the sequels then they were even giving to Michael J. Fox. I guess he even wanted top credits, next to M.J.F. So they laughed at him and didn't even bother to try to negotiate a reasonable contract with him. Of course he's also a drug addict, and after BTTF 1 was in rehab a few times. I believe they go into it in one of the Audio Commentaries or Q&A sessions on the BTTF DVDs.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by Caesar
    derek, I just learned of the lawsuit myself . . . apparently Spielberg and others never got Glover's permission to splice in footage of him from the first film with new shots of the pseudo-George.

Pseudo-George? Am I missing something, did a different person play George in 2 & 3? I must be very unobservant.

did a different person play George in 2 & 3
    the stuff were you saw him in 1955 was stock film from the 1st movie. the future george stuff was a different actor.

Man, I never knew that. I've got to pick up the DVD and take notice this time.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.