Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Anyone know release dates for 2003 AOTc figures?

Does anyone knoew when figures for 2003 will be released? Can anyone give me different sites on where to check them?

sirsteves or entertainment earth is the place to go. But look for three waves coming out around february.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I thought they would be available in mid January maybe a little later.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

i have no idea, but it should be coming out within the next 1 to 3 months
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

R U still reading this? why?

See my Figures!

My new website

Surfacing now is the 12" Boushh, Trash compactor sets, Imperial shuttle, Rebel trooper, Imperial officer, Teebo, and eoth Koth. You should see them very quickly.

Many stores will be reseting their planograms, and picking up from the holiday returns. At that point everything new will start flowing in. You can set your clocks to late January/early february assortments. Examples: 1996 Orange carded Tuskin, and Luke assortments were released. Next assortment was the bossk wave in Feb 97. Dec 97: Luke in Ceremonial is the last Green card, next wave in Late January Luke in bespin with slide. In an effort to beat the February clock Kenner cuts the slide figs Death Star Trooper/Ree Yees slide assortment to get Flashbacks out. Flashbacks hit shelves dec 98. Next assortment with beru in march. And on and on and on.

Kenner does this to market its stock rotation for fresh new year. This year expect the Amidalla wave to ship within the next two weeks so it is everywhere in early february.

That's IF Hasbro can ship the stuff out Jaff. I have seen release dates come and go and nothing new, then all of a sudden, 7 weeks later, those figures hit the shelves at work and everyone is findinf them as well. I think Hasbro has some serious Production/Shipping/distribution problems going on. I really hope they work out the bugs soon, other wise I know a bunch of collectors that are going to move on.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

It's true that Kenner is notoriously difficult with their shipping process, and they are a slow dino, but sales have been less than powerfull as compared to other Star wars assortments this year. This alone should help us see newer figs faster this year. They know the damage their saga line has done to completists. Besides Kenner usually ship on time, the real problem is the warehouses. Toys r us ships old cases from their warehouses before new stuff, that is why the new stuff does not appear on shelves in most places for weeks after their sighting. Behemoths move slow, collectors move faster. Dealers on the other hand get it fast because their warehouse is in their main facility. Brian Dicicco (brians toys) gets his stuff from the dino itself, as does Tom from Yestertoys. When you see it on their websites it's already shipping, we just have to wait for those slow warehouses to get our stuff to wal mart or wherever.

Originally posted by Jaff
    It's true that Kenner is notoriously difficult with their shipping process, and they are a slow dino, but sales have been less than powerfull as compared to other Star wars assortments this year. This alone should help us see newer figs faster this year. They know the damage their saga line has done to completists. Besides Kenner usually ship on time, the real problem is the warehouses. Toys r us ships old cases from their warehouses before new stuff, that is why the new stuff does not appear on shelves in most places for weeks after their sighting. Behemoths move slow, collectors move faster. Dealers on the other hand get it fast because their warehouse is in their main facility. Brian Dicicco (brians toys) gets his stuff from the dino itself, as does Tom from Yestertoys. When you see it on their websites it's already shipping, we just have to wait for those slow warehouses to get our stuff to wal mart or wherever.
    Well, the other thing you have to think about is that your dealers only order . . .say 3000 cases at a time. Which is a far easier order to fill. But your major retailers, like target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, may order . . say 100,000 cases to fill all of their stores. That is a much harder order to get out in time. And now a days, with money being tight for so many ppl, they would rather only pay $4.88 for a fig at the retailer, then $6.99 or more + shipping at an E-tailer or $12.99 as I have seen at some dealer shops. Me personally, I'll get it at the lowest price. If that means I have to wait, then I'll wait. I just cannot see paying some of these online/dealer prices when I know I can get it cheeper. That is where Hasbro will do most of its business. And if these retailers cannot get the supply in when they need it, it drives the collectors away. Which then means the retailer has an over abundance of stock that they much take a hit on and mark down to a losing price. While this may seem good for collectors, its not good business. They will be more reluctant to re-order the same quantity again, knowing that the market may no longer be there for it. Or they may stop all together. IF Hasbro could get the product out, when its needed to these stores, and the stores can get them to theirs shelves so the ppl can buy them, then we would see newer figs faster. Personally, I think the only thing holding SW on right now at major retailers, was the release of AOTC to VHS/DVD. The next year or so I think we are going to see a major slow down, like what happened a year or so after E1. The only thing that could stop that is if Hasbro gets their stuff out on time and stops farting around.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I agree with you whole heartedly. The saga line was very disapointing, and dealers are for desperate last resorts. I get frustrated sometimes by the distribution as you. I found ephant just recently. Kenner really needs to ship cases like potj. All new figs in each case. One case out there for two or three months. That was glorious. The problem is hasbro's been farting around like you say. Hopefully next year the collector is the focus. I'm sure the line will last till a year after episode III, the question is how much capital and investment Kenner is going to place on Star Wars. 2003 will decide.

This thread is totally fascinating, thanks for the insight you two. I do hope as well that things get back to the POTJ rate (and quality) of new stuff. This past year was too crazy, and too much of it was underwhelming. The figures and sets for next year look awesome, if they can do the distribution properly we'll be all set. I'd like to see at least one case of new figures up here next year, but that'll be asking a lot. We rarely if ever get any SW stuff unless it's a movie year. Here's to hoping.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008