Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help!!!!! What does some of these things mean?????

I'm new to the Star Wars collecting. I need some help.
    When it says collection 1 and collection 2, what's the difference?
    When it says wave, what does that mean?
    When something like .0000 what does that mean and how can i determine that?

Re: Help!!!!! What does some of these things mean?????

Originally posted by Rabbit4x
    I'm new to the Star Wars collecting. I need some help.
    No worries, that's what we are here for

When it says collection 1 and collection 2, what's the difference?
    Collection 1 is all the Gimmick stuff. The ones intended for kids to play with. Collection 2 is more collector orientated. More statues and lesser know characters.

When it says wave, what does that mean?
    That is a way that Hasbro knows what is goign ito which case. The wave and Ratio aspect really should not apply to collectors. The only thing you really need to look out for is the Assortment Number. That will tell you without a doubt, if you know what that assortment is, what is in that case.

When something like .0000 what does that mean and how can i determine that?
    The .0000 or .0001 indicated a run. Like there was the SOTE Boush Leia that had 2 runs. I really not sure what the differance was between the two. But one was a .0000 and the other was a .0001. Sometimes they correct something on the card/figure/info and need to re-release it. So they do another run and the .0001 is added to the number on the back.

I really hope you are not basing your collection on the fact that it may put you kids through college one day. I really do not see these figures hitting the value marks that the Vintage has. reason . . . . . . because EVERYONE is collecting them. So in 20 years there will still be TONS around. The colloction should be one of joy and happiness. Not fretting over vaules of little toys intended for kids to play with. Collect what you like, and collect them how you like. If you want to keep them carded, that is up to you. If you feel you must free them from thier tiny prisons, rip away. But most importantly, do what will make you happy.

And please don't take this as a slam. I just hate to see ppl getting into this hobby for the wrong reasons, that's all
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

collection 1 usually refers to main characters in the movie, like Anakin is in col 1. Collection 2 usually refers to secondary characters like Teebo. Collections really arent that important. It's merely a means to identifying cases and assortments. A wave is a way to identify different collection figures. So if figure "A" was the first collection 2 figure made then he would be part of wave 1. When they make a new collection 2 assortment, then it will be called wave 2, and on and on and on. The .0000 is on the back of your blister card on your upc scanner label. The last four digits represent how many changes a package has been changed. The Bespin Luke Skywalker first came out with blood all over his hand. Kenner changed this and released the rest of the lukes without blood on his hand. Hence .0001. When people talk figure or card variants this .0000 always comes into play. It tells you which card/figure you have.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

No No No, Im getting into this hobby just to make money beacuse i see it as something fun to do. I really dont care if they increase in vaule in the near future, but that would be nice.
    Thanks for the help and this really helps.

If you really want to have fun open up every figure like I do. Move the legs around. See how many figures like slave leia or Croft amidalla then let them go to war over Leia, while using crofty as a blaster shield. The opened packages can represent the torn battlefield.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

It is fun to open, but there's something to be said for a great carded collection hanging on all four walls in a nice sized room - they look awesome. It's easier to move them all around in two big rubbermaids though - way easier!

The wave concept is something I think we collectors came up with to keep the large collection organized in our own minds. I don't know if Hasbro uses that terminology or not, but I've seen many different peoples lists of "waves" and many of them differ quite a bit. I consider all the figures that came out on any given day one wave, but I guess others think differently. The assortment number on the cases is handy - you can do a little research on this site to find which case (or closed Hasbro box) of figures the one you want is shipping in. Then when you hit your store one day right when the truck gets there, you can tell if your figure is in the store just by the number on the box! That's when you demand one of the lackeys errrrr, employees come over and let you open the box and get it. Smells like victory every time.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

"you can tell if your figure is in the store just by the number on the box! " jjreason

HOw do you determine that??? Where can i find a site where they tell you numbers of the boxes? (also i dont know how to do that quote thing, so this was my way of quoting of someone)

Yep. The box of figures has an assortment # right on the outside in huge black print. If you're on SirSteves, might as well check out the thread for "case assortments" or the like, it's in the collecting section I believe. Write down the numbers on a little card for your wallet, then you won't have to stand by and get them to open every box, you'll know what's in there just by that number. Id love to post you pics, but I don't have the means (or an old case for that matter). Im going to go and get the link to that section for you, so Ill edit this post and include it in one second....

And Im back. Click on this link http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=8703 to see the different cases of epII figures that have been released so far, and who came in which one. Dar Argol posts these, he works at a WalMart so you know the info is good. It won't matter where you shop, all boxes with those numbers will have that selection of figures inside. Good luck!
    Last edited by jjreason; 01-03-2003 at 02:05 PM.

Unless you live in a different country to America and then it's slightly different because cases are all different depending on country. The UK cases of AOTC saga figures were really squiffy and messed around and nothing like the case shipped to American stores. Lots of solid cases of figures at eh time when everything was mixed up in cases for the states. So bear in mind that the case listings here are USA only.

Interesting, Jargo. I didn't know that. Up here in Canada the numbers have seemed to match in my experience. Mind you I haven't had many cases to check since epI (I moved into the wilderness in 99), but those matched up here as did the one case of POTJ we got here in 2001. I guess there's no such thing as a sure thing, but those numbers have worked as an accurate guideline for me in the past.