Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12" vs 3 3/4"?

12" vs 3 3/4"?

I collect every 12 and 3 3/4, and some days I can't decide which I like better. Zuckuss, and Lando 12" just stun me every time I look at them. Then there is the 3 3/4 FX-7, Ephant, and Palpatine figs. The playability and diaroma opportunities for 3 scale is limitless, but the 12" detail is glorious. So hypothetically if you had to part with one of these two formats which would you pick 12 or 3 3/4? I want to say 12" (speeder bike and scout!!!), but my heart says 3 3/4". I have no intention of quiting either, I'm just wondering what your opinions are, right, wrong or profane! Sith opinions welcome!

In my opinion, the only 12" figure ever made that even remotely looked accurate was the Scout Trooper on his Speeder Bike. The rest had heads too big for their bodies and equally terrible clothing. A scant few of the aliens looked sort of okay, but on the whole the look of that line turned me off completely.

1 vote for 4".

I vote for 4" as well.

I've found I can do just as much with 4" as other collectors do with 12"

Playability is DEFINATELY a big issue . . . there's usually so much more you can do with 4", while the 12" can sometimes be just too big and clumsy, taking up wayyy too much space.

Yep. Space is an issue for me, and Im happier looking at a crowd of 50 or 60 little figues, and one cool ship than I am at 6 or 7 12 inch figs. I did love my Luke with Wampa and Han with Tauntaun sets a lot, they looked amazing, but when the finances started shrieking for help I had no qualms ditching the 12 inch stuff. My heart's always been with the small figures.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I too would go with 4".

BTW, I'm copying this thread to the 12" section, you can find that copy here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=16835
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

my vote goes to 4" too, I have never even bought a 12" starwars fig in my life cause I usualy think they look to bulky and the likeness and proportions aren't right
    and they are way too expensive here in europe, if they weren't I would've maybe bought the new dooku which is the only 12inch fig till now that I really like
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I prefer 3 3/4" to 12" by far. The small guys only cost $5, and the big'uns cost . . . erm . . . however much they cost, which ain't $5. I hardly have enough space for the 3 3/4" figures, let alone figures 4 times their size. I do have 12" versions of Jedi Luke and Electronic TC-14, both of which I like, but I like the 3 3/4" figures much better.

the 12" line is too expensive. i only have one figure that was given to me so i vote for 3 3/4"

I vote for 4" too. The 12" figures never looked as realistic (especially after Hasbro quit making the He-Man Lukes of the mid 90's.) Besides issues of space, cost, and realism I like the fact that there are so many more 3-3/4" figures than they will ever make in the 12" line.

Is there anyone out there who will advocate for 12"?
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.