Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have another question about this game, is there another way to get music for your stereo aside from seeing KK on Saturday nights? I've been busy the last two Saturdays, so I missed getting any new songs. Even when I did get a chance to meet up with KK at the train station, he would only give me one song. At this rate it would take over a year to get every song. Is there another way?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

No, pretty much KK on Saturday is it. He's there until midnight I think. You can request a specific song and he'll give it to you, otherwise he picks one.

Here's a good fan site with lists and tips and all sorts of info ... www.animalxing.com. There's a list of KK songs on the "event guide" page. (When you type in the song names, remember that it's case, punctuation and spelling sensitive.)
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    I have another question about this game, is there another way to get music for your stereo aside from seeing KK on Saturday nights? I've been busy the last two Saturdays, so I missed getting any new songs. Even when I did get a chance to meet up with KK at the train station, he would only give me one song. At this rate it would take over a year to get every song. Is there another way?
    I was under the impression you can also get them with e-Reader cards. That is if you have a GBA or GBA SP, a GCN/GBA link cable, an e-Reader, and the right selection of e-Reader cards from Animal Crossing Card Series 1 through 4 (plus Promo cards).
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 12-23-2003 at 03:38 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah ... you may be right, but I haven't gotten an e-reader yet to try it. We have hooked the GBASP up so that we could visit the "island". Kind of silly, but we were able to score a bunch of off season bugs there for our collection.
    plasticfetish.net

Is the e-reader really worth the $40? Not to mention the $3/pack for the cards. I know there are a couple NES games that you can only get with the cards.

I'm a surfboard shy of collecting all of the island items. So I'll be visiting my island a lot this weekend.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II
    Is the e-reader really worth the $40? Not to mention the $3/pack for the cards. I know there are a couple NES games that you can only get with the cards.

I'm a surfboard shy of collecting all of the island items. So I'll be visiting my island a lot this weekend.
    I'd say it depends on what GBA/GCN games you own that uses it and whether you plan on picking up any e-Reader card games. The only 2 NES games I know that are exclusive for e-Reader cards only on Animal Crossing are Mario Bros. and Ice Climber (both of which are found in Series 4). It does add a bit of a new element to the game though that you don't usually get with other video games. In addition to trying to complete your collections in the game, you are also in the hunt to complete your card collection outside the game. So its like you are playing the game even when you aren't.

Being the Star Wars collectors we are, it sounds like something right up our alley.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

I've just been waiting to see the e-reader go down to $20 or something. I see the cards and really have to resist the urge to buy them even without an e-reader.

Anyone know if the e-reader works with the GBA SP? I looks like it wouldn't, but I haven't held one or tried it to find out.

Man, I am soooo behind on AC now. I have the clock held at like October 30th... so I can do Halloween still. I'm gonna have to sit down one afternoon and fly through the months of November and December, just so I can get caught up with the new year. My animal friends will hate me now... it's all Mario and Luigi's fault. The kid got Mario Kart - Double Dash!! for X-mas. (That, and we bought Bounty Hunter today with X-mas money.)
    plasticfetish.net

The e-Reader does work with the GBA SP. The only difference is how you hook it up to your system. In the GBA SP it dosen't block/connect to the extension port like on a normal GBA, so you would hook the GCN/GBA cable directly to the GBA SP instead of to the e-Reader.

On a similar note, I just got this game for Christmas and have some good news and some bad news about getting songs with the e-Reader. The good news is that I indeed got one (K.K. Ska) from the promo Animal Crossing card that came with the e-Reader. The bad news is that it is the only one that gave me a song, so the other cards may not have them.

How many NES games does everyone have so far? I currently have three. Excitebike (memory card gift), Pinball (memory card gift), and Soccer (website promo).

I have Balloon fight, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong Math Jr., Donkey Kong, Excite Bike, Golf, Pinball, Soccer, Tennis, and Wario's Woods. I also have Super Tortimer (April Fool's day gift), and the NES (anyone know that it is for?)

I've been playing almost a year, so I'm getting real close to collecting all of the items. The only things I'm missing are from Redd's Tent, Gulliver, the Lottery, and the surfboard from the island. I have all of the cartpets, fossils, and tools/umbrellas/pinwheels/fans. After tomorrow, I will have all of the paper. I need 2 more wallpapers, and a dozen or so more shirts. There is only 12 million bells in my bank account, so it is going to take me a loooooong time to earn the post office model.

If anyone needs a certain item (that is tradeable) post your name and town, and I'll send it to you.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II
    ...and the NES (anyone know what it is for?)
    I'm pretty sure it's good for nothing. Just an empty NES... HRA points maybe?

Between the 3 of us playing in my town (wife, kid and myself) we've got... Donkey Kong (which honestly doubles the value of this game for me), clu clu land, tennis, golf, excitebike, balloon fight, "super tortimer" and the empty NES.
    plasticfetish.net