Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Yeah, I've watched animals fall into the Pitfalls before (and have even fallen into a couple myself); but I wasn't sure if there was any other purpose aside from just being mean.

That's pretty interesting about the DUMMY, I received one from an igloo resident a while back and it was just a plain white triangle with Japanese lettering on it. At least I know not to risk 3000 Bells trying to get one again.

Well, my little time-traveler jumped from Sale Day to Sale Day on Sunday night and I finally got ahold of the Red Corner and the Judge's Bell (along with the Wide-Screen TV and the Super Toilet). So I finally completed the Boxing Theme, but for some reason the HRA is docking me about 12,000 points in my home design. I'm a little stymied as to what's wrong.

I have the Boxing Theme on the first floor of course, and the complete Nintendo Set and the Lucky Nintendo set on the second floor (the Playroom wall and carpet are on the second floor also). The only reason I think I might have been docked so many points is for having too many unrelated special items in both floors (both fishing trophies, the spring medal, a dracaena, fireplace, snowboard, samurai suit, etc.); but I thought those items were supposed to boost your score not get you penalized.

Right now, I will try to figure this our systematically. I've removed anything not related to the Boxing Theme or Nintendo Sets from both floors and I will see how the HRA scores me. Then I will add stuff back in little by little to see where the problem might be.

Any suggestions from the more experienced players here would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    Any suggestions from the more experienced players here would be greatly appreciated.
    You might also want to mess with the arrangement of your themed items. This game also works on the principal of Feng Shui. I've heard the better your Feng Shui, the better your HRA score tends to be. This guide should be able to help you.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Malakite
    You might also want to mess with the arrangement of your themed items. This game also works on the principal of Feng Shui. I've heard the better your Feng Shui, the better your HRA score tends to be. This guide should be able to help you.
    That link sent me to an error message, but I'll try it again later.

Anyways, I cleaned out all the unrelated unecessary crap from my house and put a little more thought into my furniture layout and my HRA score jumped from 89,000 to 117,000. Which is cool, all I really wanted was to get the Manor Model and the HRA can go plotz for all I care. Thanks for the help, though.

Next question, are the NES games only available through the lottery?

Just copy and paste this into your address bar: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/animal_crossing_feng_shui.txt
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    Next question, are the NES games only available through the lottery?
    Not all of them.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Malakite
    Not all of them.
    Is Punch-Out available through the lottery? Even better, is there a list somewhere that maps out how to get each game? My player's guide doesn't give any hints as to where the games come from.

Boba Fettfield, thanks for the link. I never realized that there was a connection between feng shui and the stacks of stationery I've been getting. In fact, I was getting so much stationery that I quit doing favors for the village animals. I guess I'll have to feng shui up my house and start up again.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/animal_crossing_nes.txt

Do the copy and paste thing again since gamefaqs.com doesn't allow direct linking. It tells how to get the games and even lists the games that you cannot get unless you have an Action Replay (it's a cheat device, like a game genie)
    Back and more bearded than ever before

The link JBF provided does an excellent job of explaining how to get them. I'd suggest getting soccer while you are online.

Seeing as how the Wii version of this game seems to eat up at least a few minutes of every day, I'm gonna bump this thread and ask... anyone else still given up their life to Animal Crossing?
    plasticfetish.net

i've fallen victim to the AC virus