Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Has anyone else given up their life to Animal Crossing?

OK.
    So it's been something like 25 years since I started playing video games that involved me having to kill things. I've been flying, running and blasting my way through 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 bit fields of destruction for quite a while ... and now, I have these new friends that just want to chat and share fruit.

What am I talking about? If you don't know, it's this ...
    Animal Crossing
    ... and if you do know about it, welcome to your new life.

But seriously, Santa brought a new Game Cube this year and with it came Animal Crossing. I can't believe I even have time to write this, as I'm afraid that my tiny village of sarcastic animal friends needs tending to. Who will shake the trees for fruit? Who will pull the weeds or chat with the Mayor? Remember, beware the bees! Hopefully soon I will get an ax so that some good old fashioned destruction can begin.

So, uhh ... has anyone else put down the blaster for now to play with these new friends ... or is it just me?

Yeah, for the first 4 months after it came out, my fiance and I both were totally addicted. We have neglected our little town for a while now, but it's a FANTASTIC game.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Me and Master Chief are going to ride our Waethog through the middle of you're litte Utopia since you are all just obvious Flood mutations. I can't control the violent tendancies. All your base are belong to us! <Rat.Tat.Tat.Blam!.>

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

We just got a GameCube. This was one of the first games we bought for it. I had no intention of playing it because I figured it would be one of "my wife's games." Well, she played it for a couple days and said she needed to start another town. She talked me into trying. Now I'm addicted...I actually quit playing Rogue Leader and Jedi Outcast to play this game. I feel so ashamed.

Speaking of video games with killing in them, is there any way to get rid of that stupid cat on the train?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

No, the cat can't die. But, if you're rude to him when he asks if he can sit down it's pretty funny.

Oh, and by the way ... now you're ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!!

I've gotten my inlaws and another friend to buy a cube and enslave themselves to this game. I'm still amazed at how much time I put into this ... oh, gott'a go ... Nook's got a sale on rugs.

If you think this game is addictive, just wait until Animal Crossing 2 and The Sims are out for the GameCube.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

No but I laugh at people who have.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
    If you think this game is addictive, just wait until Animal Crossing 2 and The Sims are out for the GameCube.
    You know, that's the funny thing ... I'm not really into The Sims. I think it's the "silly" factor of this game that's most amusing. Having a cartoon wolf tell you to "shut up with the shutting up!" when you push him around too much. Very funny stuff.

I've heard about Animal Crossing 2 ... wonder what the changes will be. I've heard more than a few people wonder why the game doesn't have online capabilities.

Originally posted by 12inch Lando
    No but I laugh at people who have.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

SHUTUP YOU STUPID FACE!!!!!!!!

It's.....a good game...really....it is....*sob*
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

That game is the reason I haven't been one here for a while... In fact playing it right now!
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!