Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I'm actually surprised at how popular the game seems to be. Supposedly it's one of the best selling 3DS games in Japan, even outselling games like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and even Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. In the US, it's behind many of the Mario franchise games, but it's still outselling the Pokemon franchise and 3D Zelda. No idea how the most recent Zelda game will change the rankings, but New Leaf is currently the 4th best-selling Nintendo 3DS game:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...DS_video_games

Hopefully, that means we'll be getting an even bigger version of the game on the Wii U pretty soon. Then I'd actually have an incentive to buy a Wii U.

Also, even though I live in a small farming town, with a population of about 4000, I've still managed to exchange Streetpass data with 6 other people playing this game just by keeping my 3DS in the car while going about my daily routine. I'm sure most of them are young kids, because most of the results I get are around fast food places like McDonalds or Dairy Queen (where I work right now). But, judging by the size of their houses, many of them appear to have been playing for several months now. So, it's definitely worth keeping Streetpass running at all times while playing this game.

Maybe I could get more results if I drove around schools and playgrounds… but, I could see that backfiring pretty quickly: "Honest, officer, I'm not a drug-dealer or a pedophile, I'm just trying to get Streetpass data for my Animal Crossing town."
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Just a heads up. On May 20, 2014 Nintendo is going to permanently discontinue the Wi-Fi Connection service for the original Nintendo DS and original Wii. This means that online functions will no longer work for any of those systems' games (even if they are played on a 3DS or Wii U). This includes Animal Crossing: Wild World (for the original DS) and Animal Crossing: City Folk (for the original Wii). So if anybody is still playing those and have any town travelling left to do in either game or certain "online exclusive" and/or "foreign country exclusive" items you need to track down for the Wii game you don't have much time left to do so. Discontinuation of the Wi-Fi Connection service will have no effect on being able to purchase/download from eShop/DSiWare/WiiWare/Virtual Console via online.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection