Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PS2 Disc Read Error

Help! I was playing my PS2 the other night and it locked up on me. I restarted it and no matter what disc I put in there, I got a disc read error. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

I can still access my memory cards.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Oh no! Might be a CD drive going out. First try and clean your CD drive. You can buy a lens cleaner set anywhere. Hopefully that will work. If not- better box that bad boy up and exchange it somewhere that's still doing all the Christmas returns

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I've had the PS2 for over a year and a half, so the box is long gone. I'll try cleaning it again tonight. If that doesn't work I have to get it repaired, any ideas who might do it?

Yeah, I learned a long time ago to keep all of my game system boxes. Plus it's great to have when you move!

Anyway....you could always buy a new one, at Wal-Mart or somewhere, and swap out the deck. But I didn't just say that.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

You could also try the following site.

www.videogamerepair.com
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

The bad news is, with the cost of repair (about $100) and shipping, it's almost better to just buy a new one.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Wow, that's more money to fix it than I thought:

If it is the "laser eye" it would be $120 + Shipping.

Is there a big difference between different versions of the PS2?

I wouldn't think that there would be that much of a difference between different versions the PS2, unless you are comparing imports from other countries.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

The other thing to do is go under Version and try the self Diognostics.

Rouge II, on the back of you PS2, what's the model # It should be SCPH-30001 or SCPH-30001R.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Well, I bought a can of air and now my PS2 is working again.

I have a SCPH-30001.

I changed the Diagnostic to "on" but nothing happened. Did I miss something?

Under Playstation Driver, there is Disc Speed and Texture Mapping both are set for Standard. What are they for?