Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Jedi Rocks vs. Lapti Nek

The Special Editions replaced the Lapti Nek song in Jabba's Palace with the Jedi Rocks song. But which one do you prefer.

I prefer Lapti Nek, it seems more Star Warsy and alien-like than Jedi Rocks. Plus puppet Sy Snootles is by far better than the dreaded pixelated one .

So what do you prefer?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Gotta go with "Jedi Rocks". It's just a wild outlandish alien musical number. Besides, that one line of "Lapti Nek" that sounds like she's singing "He's Muscle Man" makes me groan everytime I hear it. The extended band and back-up singers/dancers just seems more like somthing Jabba would reveal in. His extravagent tastes just scream "faster, more intense".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I like the song and puppets of Lapti Nek, but I like the extended band/dancers of Jedi Rocks. I don't like the title of the song "Jedi Rocks." They could have been a little more creative.

So, overall, I guess I like Lapti Nek better.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I dunno, can't really decide.

Lapti Neck - Quite subtle but it seems more like something they'd be playing late at night or something. Hated the "macho/muscle man" line but that could easily be changed in the soundtrack.

Jedi Rocks - The dance number wasn't that great and was too distracting from the rest of the film (hated Sy's basic "uh-oh!" when Oola fell in) plus the CGI wasn't done very well. It seems like something that would be in Jabba's Palace cause it seemed more like a less-strict nightclub which would have that sort of music, the whole music video scene just doesn't fit though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

On the SE VHS from 1997, GL said that he thought it would be kinda funny to take a break and have a big musical number in the middle of a Star Wars film. I think I saw Lapti Nek when I was 7, but I don't remember it other than the bad puppet Sy. Oh well, I like Jedi Rocks a lot, but 1997 CG is a no-no.

I prefer Jedi Rocks.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I can't stand Jedi Rocks, this piece should be renamed "Rick McCallum Sucks". One of the most offensive uses of CGI in all of SW combined with one of the least-inspired and most-Earth-sounding pieces of music ever to leech its way into the films - I simply cannot abide this disgusting creature known as "Jedi Rocks".

Now that I've shamelessly bashed the other side, let me tell you that I do indeed like Lepti Nek... a lot. I thought that bit had a song that felt very otherworldly and yet seedier than the Modal Nodes' tunes in the ANH cantina - thus setting a nice piece of atmosphere. As for Sy Snootles being very puppety, I agree but I prefer puppets to CG almost every time because I find it easier to suspend belief with something tangible.

Also somewhat related to this, I prefer the Yub Nub Ewok celebration song waaaaaaay over the new ROTJ end-tune for basically the same reason, the new song sounds too Earth-based; of course, I also think it feels too much like it's trying much too hard to produce overemotion and was hammered into the film in a very ham-fisted fashion.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm going to have to say Lapti Nek. I don't know if it's b/c I'm used to that over the Jedi Rocks tune, but that's what I prefer. Now if they can do that with the CG Sy that would be better.

About JT's comment on the end tune of ROTJ I have to disagree. I do like the "Yub Yub" song (in 6th grade my music teacher made us sing it for God sake) but the new tune seemes more like a victorious end ending, and fits the closing of the Saga better IMO.

Which ever GL decides to use for the AE's is all good with me though.

As a musical piece, I like Jedi Rocks better. But I have to put that aside and say that Lapti Nek is better suited as an "alien" kind of sound that I would expect a distant civilization to have. Jedi Rocks is a little to Brittany Spears "pop-py" to me. Now, maybe if GL CG's in a shot of In-Sync...

The Lapti Nek song for sure!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.