Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Wal-Mart is KILLING me.

Arrrgghh!

Wal-Mart is freakin killing me! I went to the local Wal-Mart and found that they are re-organizing the toy area. They had all their little maps out and pallets filled with Hasbro and Mattel stuff.

That was 4 days ago!

I have been back evey single day since and they still haven't put out any new toys!

What kills me is that they already have the shelfs and pegs tagged, and what's worse is that they have an area for the new "Screen Sceens" AKA Death Star Trash Compactors!

So for 4 lousy days I have gone back only to find loaded pallets sitting out on the floor and nothing new haging on the pegs. The entire toy department is like this. They haven't restocked a single toy since Christmas, yet they have plenty of merchandise sitting in boxes in the middle of the floor.

And I know (or strongly suspect) they have the new DS sets.

Arrrgghh! Why does Wal-Mart do this to us?!?! Why are they teasing me?

Dar, can you help me understand? Are these people just too lazy to put out the new stuff?

None of the other Wal-Marts in my area have spots for the Screen Scenes, or merchandise sitting around on the pallets.

Wal-Mart is KILLING me.
    May the force be with you.

Maybe they are still re-stocking the bras.

Anyway, if the boxes are out there, go through them.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Ah, don't go through them, you'll get busted for that, QLD, that's common knowledge.

What i do is browse the boxes and politely ask an associate to open it for you. That way you get your stuff, you don't peeve off the help and they don't think collectors are all schmucks who go through stock as we please.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Oh yeah, Sith Killer, if you happen to pick up an extra of each scene for me, i'll gladly reimburse you the 22 bucks for them, not each mind you, i think they're like 10 a piece, right?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yeah, but when is that stock person around? Never.

SO I look for them, but if they aren't around, then I look through them. If they didn't want us looking through them, they wouldn't have them sitting in the aisle in the middle of prime shopping hours. If they didn't want me to go through them, they would bring them out when they are ready to put them out.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

QLD, I would go through them. They have had their chance to stock them or put them away in the back. They blew it. It's open season now!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I have gone through boxes before and have had no problems. Searching through boxes is how I got my Spider-Man Classics Hobgoblin, and my 2 Destroyer Droids.

Rip Em Open!
    Powdered Toast Man!

Yep, even though your not supposed to I go through them.

Like QLD said, they shouldn't have them out there if they don't want to sell it. I mean really, how messed up is to see what you want in a store, but not be ALLOWED to buy it???

I got "busted" for pilfering a pallet once too. I was at K-Mart looking for Gundam figures. There were none on the shelf, but right there next to the shelves there was a box of them on a pallet. I grabbed the box, brought it to a stockperson, and politely asked if he could open it for me. He said "no, we might put it on the shelf tomorrow. Come back tomorrow, maybe they'll be out". Huh???? How insane is that??? A almost bankrupt retail chain refusing sales... yeah, that makes sense.

So then when he wasn't looking I took the case down a few ailes and ripped it open Then he comes looking for me saying "that's not right my freind!" taking the box away, but not before I picked out the ones I wanted (I'd like to have seen him try to take those out of my hands ).

I figure since the stockpeople don't help you when you ask, you need to help yourself sometimes!

Yeah, I worked in retail for many years, and stock should not be on the showroom unless it is A.) being stocked currently or B.) It is ready for sale.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The screen scenes box are pretty easy to spot. It says "SW Classic Scene" or something similar to that very plainly on the side. I was searching for the new Armada Optimus Prime a few weeks ago and stumbled upon the Compactor scenes box by accident. Glad I did.